just say no! NSV!

Options
amfmmama
amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
Actually, I had 2 this weekend! I was grocery shopping. I had the wheat thins in my cart... I have absolutely no control when it comes to wheat thins... I got all the way to the register, and asked the girl if she could put them back for me. The 2nd one, I think is even more impressive... I was at Sam's Club. The samples are always tempting. Can ALMOST convice yourself that the don't count :wink: But today, they had HUGE FULL SIZE, WARM OUT OF THE OVEN chocolate chip cookies!! I walked the other way!! I know that these things may seem insignificant... but they are a huge part of what got me here in the first place!

What little things are you proud of?

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Good JOB!! the hot fresh chocolate chip cookie would have been soooo hard for me too!

I have to say I'm proud of myself because the last week I've been dying for some icecream but I didn't give in! All I have is the thick creamy vanilla bean in my freezer (for my hubby). I'm sooooo proud of myself for telling myself nope!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Nice job on passing up the cookie! That must have been a tough one. People will buy houses just because of the smell of those things.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Went to McDonald's last night.
    Got an ice cream cone because I had a free coupon for it.
    As soon as I pulled away from the drive-thru window, I threw it away.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Not insignificant at all! These were some of the first successes I remember - being able to pass up or pass by something, the cookie, the cupcake, the third slice of pizza. This is where it starts.
    Acknowledge those triumphs, and soon you will find yourself resisting even bigger temptations. It gets easier!! I never thought I would get to the point where I am today, but I surprised myself when one day I looked at my food diary and realized there wasn't anything stupid on there. And now it is not so hard at all.

Good luck to you!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    ice cream!! Another evil. It can be so hard. That's why I decided to post. I am REALLY proud of myself!! These days I just don't think there is ever a reason too small to celebrate. Yay us!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My roommate tried to get me to eat her delicious chocolate chip cookies, and they sat out on the counter for about 5 days. But I resisted!

I've developed into a mindset that fatty food is not worth it. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm pretty happy. It helps me make good choices! :P
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My roommate is the same way.. I did give in the other day but I've been good since! lol

The other day my mom got these chocolate covered graham crackers.. They are soooo good but as soon as I looked at the calories in them, I quickly passed them up. It's really not worth it! A few months ago I didn't think I would be one to say that, but lately, I have realized that a lot of foods aren't worth it. Surprisingly, a banana or some grapes kills the sweet craving just as fast. A banana has fewer calories than one of those cookies, it's more filling, and I feel better about eating it. :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that yesterday I gave blood and my blood pressure was 116/63 (normal is one 120/80) and I had previously been border-line hypertension. My resting heart rate was 66....definately means I'm getting somewhere! Congrats on yours. Its the little things that keep us going!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think that is VERY impressive.

I was in the supermarket this afternoon and as I was checking out, it occurred to me that the old me, would have treated myself to one of those chocolate bars positioned near the check out. The new me, was not interested!!!

M
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone! I'm proud of myself for working out 4 days in a row. For eating healthier as well. And for resisting the delicious fatty food at the jewelry party I attended last night!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!