Please cheer me up :(

Options
2»

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You look at yourself everyday of course your not going to notice the diffrence right away,but you will.
  • poshy
    poshy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful, just the fact that you "lost" all that weight is enough to get excited about, I am not there yet but with this awesome sitet I hopefully will, very soon. As for not seeying your weight loss I would not worry to much about it as soon you will definately see and feel it. Don't sabotage what you have accomplished....

Ciao
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hey - I know how you feel, I find it really difficult to see losses in myself, but one thing that did make me realise that I'm getting smaller was this.

I tried a dress on a few weeks ago (I was only a few pounds heavier than I am today - maybe 3 or 4? it really wasn't that long ago) and it didn't zip up. Today, I tried it on and it zipped up easily. You *are* losing weight, it can just be harder to see it when it's you.

So yeah, either measure, or get something (even from a charity shop) in a smaller size and keep trying it on until it fits!
  • Simone1970
    Options
    I agree, you are doing wonderful! Congratulations on your weight loss. Even though you can't see the weight loss yet, don't let it get you down. As you continue to lose weight you will eventually start seeing differences in your appearance. Everyone is different and it may take some more weight loss to see a significant change. Don't let this get you down. Losing almost 10 lbs is very significant and so good for your health. You should be very proud of this accomplishment! Keep up the great work! :happy:

Simone
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6.6 lbs since starting MFP but actually that is not the FIRST of my weight loss. I started losing back in January of 2010 and I was 40 lbs heavier then I currently am. The first 10 lbs I could hardly see a difference. Like...if I didn't tell people I was trying to lose weight, people probably wouldn't have said anything at all. It was totally discouraging and I was sad. TRUST ME on this one but....give yourself another 10 lbs....and you will see a drastic difference. I'm serious too. Are you documenting your progress w/pictures? Start taking pics of yourself every week and when you look back you'll be like "I had no idea...." Just remember, you look at yourself every day in the mirror, it's hard for us to see changes w/our own body. Esp. if we have a considerable amount of weight to lose. It takes time and patience....hang in there....you WILL start noticing your body changing.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    At this point, as I've stated on other threads not related, when you're heavier the scale really is your friend along with measurements. Personally I don't measure. At my weight no one sees that I've lost weight, but one day people WILL notice. You went from 175 to 165 - that's not a noticeable difference. If you went from 120 to 110 - yeah everyone would see it, but when you're up there in weight...no one but you & the scale notice :)

Right now, I'm loving my scale. :)

So should you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!