salad dressing?

Options
what salad dressing is good but still low calories? any suggestions? thanks :happy:

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft Calorie Wise Italian 5 calories for 1tbsp.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Make a hot salad dressing (my fiance's favourite!)

Bubble togetehr some chutney (tomato, mango, anything) with a good dollop of wine vinegar. Reduce till desired consistency.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    This may sound nuts, but I would rather have 1tbsp of full fat dressing than a lot of the low fat, usually gross stuff! JMHO :)
  • msciaobella
    msciaobella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This may sound nuts, but I would rather have 1tbsp of full fat dressing than a lot of the low fat, usually gross stuff! JMHO :)

low fat salad dressing makes me binge! I have no idea why! I can't remember the last time I had full fat though so it might do the same. I try to stick to salad spritzers or vinegar.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I really like Ken's Steakhouse lite Northern Italian (says w/ Basil & Romano on the label) dressing. AMAZING!

Only 50 calories for 2 tbsp.
  • morphisna1
    morphisna1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Naturally Fresh Ginger dressing in salad isles 2 tbls 70- cals .
    Also Walmart sells Cape Cod Lite Sesame Ginger- 2 tbls 40 cals
    And Ken's Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy- 2 tbls 70-cals
    The Asian flavors just gives my salad a nice kick . Gives me my chinese food fix.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of light dressings and I don't like vinaigrettes, so I use Marie's Yogurt dressing. Half the fat and cals of regular dressing, but just as yummy.
  • skypie23
    skypie23 Posts: 38
    Options
    I mix a tablespoon of tahini with wholegrain mustard and honey, and skimmed/soya milk for a creamy low cal dressing, sometimes I use american mustard as a dressing, most are very low cal, or I use cider vinegar. I also thin down light mayo with soya/skimmed milk.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I use kraft fat free dressing and wishbone light italian dressing. These dressings are good and i like them but watch out for the sodium levels 3 tablespoons of the fat free ranch was over 300mg in sodium.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I find that I can use 1 tbsp. dressing and it gives adequate coverage to most salads (1-2 c. of salad). I just put it in a big mixing bowl with the tbsp. of dressing and use a spatula to mix it around really well.

Or, if I'm looking for a really low-fat but still creamy dressing, I'll use 2 tbsp. of non-fat greek yogurt with some salt & dill.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    wish bone's fat free italian dressing, 15 calories for 2 tablespoons! and it's GOOD!!!! :)
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    olive oil and vinegarand lemon
    or mix anchovy paste olive oil and lemon and avacado....all the good fats so no worries
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Tropical Mango Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette is effin' good. I just had some actually, with my chicken salad. 30 calories for 2 tbsp (30g).
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Fat free sour cream, skim milk, and a packet of powder ranch dressing mix. The mix itself has only 5 calories and no fat, it's what you put it in that makes it bad for you. Just make sure you mix it really well in a mixer or it will be chunky.
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I mix honey mustard, raspberry agave( just a touch) ,red wine vinegar, mrs.dash. and a little stevia or zylitol. Very good especially if you are eating bitter greens and need flavor to cut the bite.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lemon juice is my favorite. its calorie free, fat free, sodium free and lemon juice speeds your metabolism up.
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If I am having a salad with lots of veggies, then I need a salad dressing with some substance, if not, then I remain hungry. One of my favorites is Newmann's Light Honey Mustard.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    this is another area I look for low fat or fat free on ...... I could care less about the calories
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The only one my whole family agrees on is Hidden Valley Ranch Light. I am a fork dipper so I only eat about a teaspoon at one time.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i can only eat the Kraft French, if i'm going full on-Fat Free...the rest are really gross to me...otherwise, i go with the "light" dressings, which tend to have just a few grams of fat, same amount of calories and less sugar!