hmm. Opinions?

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
So, for the last week or so I've been suddenly finding it a lot tougher to stay within my calories. I haven't ever had this problem and I'm interested in some opinions! My calories have decreased by almost 50 since just over a week ago which doesn't sound like much but seems to make a difference to me. However, it's also been almost 2 months and there's no shred of novelty left with these changes (not to say I'm bored or something, just that I know that initial sparkle has long faded out) and I'm considering the fact that psychology could be playing a role too. I've just found that all of a sudden I'm feeling peckish after my children go to bed and I'm feeling hungrier than I was. For those who have been through anything like this, can you tell me YOUR experience?

At this point I'm going a smidge over on my calories each day but only with good healthy cals. I'm trying to be very diligent about eating slowly and stopping as soon as I feel at all satiated and I'm giving a hearty try to planning my full day out in advance.

Part of it also may be that my bike wheel needs to be repaired and it's been almost 2 weeks now since I've been able to ride for real. I assume even though I'm replacing calories burned when I consume my exercise cals, eating more in the day still feels like eating more in the day.

So, maybe all I needed was to start typing and letting my mind go on the subject - I feel like I've unearthed a couple of reasonable clues. Trial and error I guess - we'll see how it goes. I'm just hoping I don't see disappointing results at my weigh-in next week.

Good night everyone. BED time!! :yawn:

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So, for the last week or so I've been suddenly finding it a lot tougher to stay within my calories. I haven't ever had this problem and I'm interested in some opinions! My calories have decreased by almost 50 since just over a week ago which doesn't sound like much but seems to make a difference to me. However, it's also been almost 2 months and there's no shred of novelty left with these changes (not to say I'm bored or something, just that I know that initial sparkle has long faded out) and I'm considering the fact that psychology could be playing a role too. I've just found that all of a sudden I'm feeling peckish after my children go to bed and I'm feeling hungrier than I was. For those who have been through anything like this, can you tell me YOUR experience?

At this point I'm going a smidge over on my calories each day but only with good healthy cals. I'm trying to be very diligent about eating slowly and stopping as soon as I feel at all satiated and I'm giving a hearty try to planning my full day out in advance.

Part of it also may be that my bike wheel needs to be repaired and it's been almost 2 weeks now since I've been able to ride for real. I assume even though I'm replacing calories burned when I consume my exercise cals, eating more in the day still feels like eating more in the day.

So, maybe all I needed was to start typing and letting my mind go on the subject - I feel like I've unearthed a couple of reasonable clues. Trial and error I guess - we'll see how it goes. I'm just hoping I don't see disappointing results at my weigh-in next week.

Good night everyone. BED time!! :yawn:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    isnt it funny how you start venting or asking advice and often it comes to you.

good luck and yes just a case of sitting back working out what has changed or what you can do to give your body a shock wake up call.

not much advice here i just change what im doing to give my body something else to get use to like the type of exercise im doing or the days i do it on.