MFP Runner's Club 8/2

Options
annhjk
annhjk Posts: 794 Member
I've never started this before, so I hope it's in the right spot.

anyway, it was a beautiful morning here. Got up at 5:15 to run 8 miles! I was amazed I could run the whole way!

Happy running to everyone. I hope your weather is as nice as mine was.

Replies

• annhjk
    Options
    I've never started this before, so I hope it's in the right spot.

anyway, it was a beautiful morning here. Got up at 5:15 to run 8 miles! I was amazed I could run the whole way!

Happy running to everyone. I hope your weather is as nice as mine was.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    perfect ann!

Ugh, bad day. Wanted to try to do a timed 5K today, but after last night's hard core 5 mile run, my hip flexors were toast. I did the first mile and said forget it (although I did the first mile in 6:50 which is decent considering how my body felt) I just did a combination walk/jog for 30 minutes after that. I guess I'm not in my 20's anymore where I can go out and train hard for 3 days in a row and not feel terrible! Tomorrow will DEFINITELY be an off day. Need to recover.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I look at this thread daily, but never have posted b/c I'm not a regular runner. But, I'm up to 3x a week, so I guess there's some regularity. Got up at 6:00, to beat the heat. Ran a mile, then did a cemetary run, up and down the hills in the local boneyard, for about 20 minutes. Walked a half mile and then did another 1.5 miles. I guess that's an interval run, right? Whatever it was, it felt good. Wish you all cool, un-humid runs today.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Nice run, Ann!! :drinker:

A 6:50 mile run is amazing, banks! Have Em change you to Flash Gordon! :wink:

Well.....ran 11.5 today. I thought it would be at least 12 so a little disappointed. The first 3 miles were uphill so I feel a little better about that. Oh well...let the feasting begin. :tongue:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm just getting ready to go run eight miles. It feels good to have my long run this week be "only" eight miles. We don't have another half marathon until September, so I get to ease up a little.

Nice job Shannon. That's what I love about the long run days. I get to eat so much more than usual.

Take care everybody.:glasses:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Well.....ran 11.5 today. I thought it would be at least 12 so a little disappointed. The first 3 miles were uphill so I feel a little better about that. Oh well...let the feasting begin. :tongue:

Thanks Shannon! But it's all relative, see my normal mile time for a 5K is 6:57, so if I can do a 6:50 mile for a 5K then that's good, but I'm really shooting for 6:45. That would be about 21 minutes even and break my record by 36 seconds.
  • annhjk
    Options

Way to go - holy cow - 11.5! I'm actually dreading the thought of it. I guess I'd better enjoy my short runs (5 miles or so) while I can. I know I'll do that eventually too, but it just seems like SO far to run - without anyone chasing you!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did 5 miles and some lifting today.
  • fallecker001
    Options
    I did a pace run ... 2 miles slow, 1/8 fast, 1/8 slow, repeat 8 times, 1 mile slow! PHEW!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Afternoon:flowerforyou:

No running for me today. Today is a rest day.

-Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    perfect ann!

Ugh, bad day. Wanted to try to do a timed 5K today, but after last night's hard core 5 mile run, my hip flexors were toast. I did the first mile and said forget it (although I did the first mile in 6:50 which is decent considering how my body felt) I just did a combination walk/jog for 30 minutes after that. I guess I'm not in my 20's anymore where I can go out and train hard for 3 days in a row and not feel terrible! Tomorrow will DEFINITELY be an off day. Need to recover.

Way to go Banks! As I read your post, I giggled at how everything really is relative. I would kill to do a 6:50 mile!

Enjoy your day off tomorrow! You deserve it!
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I look at this thread daily, but never have posted b/c I'm not a regular runner. But, I'm up to 3x a week, so I guess there's some regularity. Got up at 6:00, to beat the heat. Ran a mile, then did a cemetary run, up and down the hills in the local boneyard, for about 20 minutes. Walked a half mile and then did another 1.5 miles. I guess that's an interval run, right? Whatever it was, it felt good. Wish you all cool, un-humid runs today.

Welcome lisarae!

Sounds like an interval run to me. Great job getting out for a run.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options

*bowing down to Shannon* That is amazing! You go girl! Awesome job!
    Enjoy all those exercise calories today.
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I woke up too late to get in a good run today so I put on some 5 lbs ankle weights and went to a step aerobics class! I haven't been to one in a while since I've been so addicted to running so it was a nice change of pace. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

:smile:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I did a pace run ... 2 miles slow, 1/8 fast, 1/8 slow, repeat 8 times, 1 mile slow! PHEW!

(Wrote it from my hubby's account earlier - sorry!)
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Am I the last person on this site to notice that we can now track more than 3 nutrients in our food diaries?!

How cool is that!
    -Kechie.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Am I the last person on this site to notice that we can now track more than 3 nutrients in our food diaries?!

How cool is that!
    -Kechie.

Wow! That must be new..thanks for pointing it out!!! :happy:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

Glad to hear from you, 3 times a week is more regular than some, including myself this week.
    That sound like a nice work out. I wish we had something like a cemetary around here to run through. I am not morbid, but I like cemetaries, they are usually so calm and pretty. Better than a park.
    SM
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow, some people running 11 plus miles, now do I feel guilty.
    I will have to do the treadmill today for sure.
    I was on the computer all day yesterday doing an on line traffic school class that is due next week for it to count, so I haven't done anything. And I can feel it. I am so tired!!!
    And I notice my back side is not feeling great also, I guessl from sitting.
    They time it in a way so you can't rush through it, and so sometimes that means it takes even longer becasue you can stop it and walk away at anytime and do other stuff and so for my 8 hour class, I am going on like 10 or 11 and I still have a tiny bit left. Auggg.

I think before I finish it today I will do the treadmill. I bet it will help wake up my mind. I stayed up so late last night that I actually just got up about half an hour ago and I never sleep this late any more. I feel like I am in a different demention.

I am going to get ready to run right now.

I love this site, gets me going everytime!!!:flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Shannon...you're killing me here. I think I am doing well by running 6 on a good day and then you talk about being dissapointed for only going a 11 1/2 miles...I'd be dead, not dissapointed.:tongue:

Banks....that's a great time on the mile! I am thrilled during the summer if I run a mile under 8.5 min....I mean jumping for joy excited!!!:happy

Today I got up, got into my running gear and was ready to hit the pavement when my hubby shouted out "you can't go...we have to do all the planting" I had forgotten that I told him I would help him plant a bunch of flowers, bushes, etc. By the time we ran to the store, planted for 3 hours in the hot sun and then cleaned everything up I was exhausted. I tried to get on the treadmill to run but I just couldn't do it. I am feeling it in my hamstrings already from all the digging, bending and lifting. I opted after 1/2 mile to just get off and lift weights for 45 mins. :grumble:

You guys are so inspirational! I am hitting the pavement tomorrow for sure...even if I have to leave the alarm off all night and sneek out at 5 AM!!! :laugh: