sooooo sore!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Options
I just started the JM 30 day shred and tonight will be day 3 - i am sooooooooooooooo ungodly sore I want to cry - I feel like if I take a "rest" day then I am defeating myself and the whole point of the 30 day shred. Correct me if I am wrong but....30DS = 30 straight days?!?!?!?!?! no?
After day 1 I was sore but not like this - my 3 yr old climbed on my lap and I nearly hit the roof - Plus I am also afraid if I take a rest day b/c I am sore then I will be using this excuse all the time - UGH what to do what to do! push through it? 30DS when does the pain stop?

Replies

• glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Epsom salt bath...it really helps.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    push thru it, im on l1 d6 and im not so sore today and it felt easier doing it today:smile:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Also, after 3 or 4 days your body will be used to this and you will not be nearly as sore.
    Drink plenty of water, and make sure you walk around and stretch after your workout.
    Don't give up, at least for the next 5 or 6 days. One day off a week is plenty (and recommended)....
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Work through it if you want. I did take a day or two off during level one, and still lost inches and got a lot stronger.

I actually am off it right now because of a chest cold. I'm trying to figure out whether to do level one for a few days when I start up again or just go right into where I was in level two - we shall see.

Good luck!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    thanks everyone - Day 3 coming up in 1 1/2 hours - sore or not GOTTA GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!
  • shug458
    Options
    OH another question - anyone gaining weight at first doing the 30DS????????????
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 too. My thighs are really sore but I am not feeling anything in my abs. I was hoping my abs would be feeling it more.
  • shug458
    Options
    my whole body hurts - it's funny b/c my abs are very sore (even including my lower belly) and I laughed and said to my husband - didn't think I had abs LOL
    I didn't think my whole body would hurt - this is crazy :laugh:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive maintained my weight, i was even sore turning over in bed lol, my now seems 2 have passed:smile:
  • shug458
    Options
    got through day 3 :) thanks to everyone I pushed through the sore ness and it actually felt good to move like that - took my soreness away TEMPORARILY :laugh:
    Very proud of myself though that I pushed through it - I am totally determined this time - NO GIVING UP FOR ME - NOT THIS TIME:blushing: