Has anyone heard of Turbofire????

fairygurl62
fairygurl62 Posts: 12
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone heard of turbofire?? My sister mentioned it, and I wonder if anyone has ever tried it?
Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    It's very high impact cardio. I have several friends who are doing it or have done it and they love it.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    I tried it and I really like it.... I started with the 9 week prep schedule because I had just had a baby and hadn't worked out in a long time!! I lost close to 30 lbs. It really does work. Nice that the workouts are all different and some days are work with resistance bands, and there's even a day of stretching! I then only did 2 weeks of the regular prep schedule and took a break from it to do INSANITY!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    I want it bad! I have turbojam and chaLEAN extreme and turbofire is my next purchase. I am so psyched to burn some major calories that keep burning after my workout. Its intense cardio---so just be sure you are ready for it. I don't think you want to jump right into it without having done some serious cardio already. Although, they do have a modifier that you could go by.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    I LOVE Turbo Fire! Right now I'm using it to try to get back to being able to do Insanity again (health issues causing me to not be able to workout in a while). I just did on the other day for the first time in months and remembered just how much I LOVE it. It can be challenging but they have someone doing modifications for lower impact but the intensity is still there. If you take it on, you won't regret it.
  • kjosey1
    kjosey1 Posts: 36
    I just started turbo fire and I love it. Chalene Johnson is an awesome instructor and the routines are fun. However, it is challenging. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, and I recently ran a half marathon, but I was extremely sore after the first workout. It's high intensity but the workout goes by quickly. I'd definitely give it a try!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    I've been looking at turbofire & insanity for awhile now, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet for insanity.

I do a lot of high impact cardio now, so I would be okay with turbofire, I'm sure it would be challenging for me, but I think I would at least be able to keep up, for the most part.

For those that have done both, is that your opinion? that turbofire would be the step before insanity? or are they completely different?
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I'm in my 3rd round of Turbo Fire and I am addicted to it! Chalene is a great instructor and motivator. It is hard but not difficult to master. The music is fantastic and you will SWEAT!!! In the first 20 week round I lost 18 lbs and 8 inches. My cardio endurance increased substantially and in my 2nd round I combined TF with Insanity for a 30 day schedule. I dropped another 5 lbs in those 30 days. Now I am doing TF and ChaLEAN Extreme to continue leaning out but add muscle definition to my arms specifically.

You will not be sorry if you start Turbo Fire!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I just posted a swimsuit challenge thread here on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/213948-sharon-s-getting-ready-for-swimsuit-season-challenge

Feel free to join if it will help keep you motivated!
    Sharon
This discussion has been closed.