Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in -November 29

Options
ariannedavis
ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Slap me on the wrist, I haven't worked out in 2 days! But I have kept within my caloric range, which I usually have to exercise to achieve, so that's good right? I brought my clothes to work today so I can run for an hour. I am getting stressed because next week is the last of classes before finals and I don't have my finals written yet! Argh :embarassed: Like my 19 month olds favorite book, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Replies

• ariannedavis
    Options
    Slap me on the wrist, I haven't worked out in 2 days! But I have kept within my caloric range, which I usually have to exercise to achieve, so that's good right? I brought my clothes to work today so I can run for an hour. I am getting stressed because next week is the last of classes before finals and I don't have my finals written yet! Argh :embarassed: Like my 19 month olds favorite book, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Oh my.......my enthusiasm is fading.....it took everything in my will yesterday to do anything related to healthy living
    but....

45 very light cardio
    20 minutes weights and calisthetics
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Good luck on those finals. Have a great run.

I did hour cardio and 1/2 hour weights Wed.
    Today-45 min weights and 1-1.5 hour swimming
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread this morning, Arianne! My 11 month is still sleeping so I got to sleep in a little! I'll take whatever I can get as this is hubby's late night - he's about to leave and won't be back until after midnight. :frown:

So, I didn't immediately get down and do 20 yesterday as I was dressed to go out but last night I did 10 min of warm-up and cool-down and the 4 upper body segments on my Hit The Spot - 10 five minute Target Toners dvd. So, 30 min total. Based on how I'm feeling I think my back got the brunt of the workout! Anyway, even though I have such a hard time getting the weight training in I really feel happy with myself when I do it. Thanks for pushing me! I need to do something again today although it might be more of the squeezing things in throughout the day. We will see!

Arianne - get some studying in and then take little study breaks with some jogging in place, sit-ups, stretching. You will not only get some exercising in but it will reduce your stress level naturally. You can do it!

Deanea - for someone without enthusiasm you sure had a great workout yesterday! I'd love to see you when you have an overabundance of enthusiasm! You are a machine! Way to go!

icandoit - your workouts are intense as well. Keep up the GREAT work! Have fun swimming!!!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement of each other and of me! With this awesome support we WILL all reach our goals. I have NO doubts!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    So no one dropped and gave me 20? Ah well. I didn't either.

Deanea, you just in a slump, keep checking in and you'll get your groove back.

Yesterday I just had time for a 45 minute walk. Managed to burn 330 calories doing it though (uphill on the treadmill) and kept my heart rate in the 140s.
    Today is try a new class at the gym and get those bulbs in the ground day. In Texas we refrigerate our Tulips and plant them after Thanksgiving.
  • ariannedavis
    Options
    In the mountains of North Carolina you freeze you butt, not tulips!

Great job! :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I got in am hour with my yoga DVD and hope to get out for a half hour walk.

Oh, the Seasonal Affectiveness
    Disorder....can barely move today. What I wouldn't give for a Carribbean vacation.:wink:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had a really good day with exercise today. I'm so glad because yesterday I was so tired. I think I was fighting off a bug of some sort, but I feel better today. I did a 45 minute run/strength workout and then a 1 hr spin class! I just got home from a brisk 1 mile walk with my dog. I finally feel like I'm getting back on track.

Niccole, I like your new picture! You look really good!!!
  • ariannedavis
    Options
    You guys are so motivating! I did four miles at 6mph, and walked one. I am soooooo exhausted right now I can barely type. My husband keeps telling me to go to bed, but it's not even 8:30! Thanks for the encouragement!