I'm new here(:

Options
Hi all. I just joined the site today and would love any advice anybody would like to offer. I'm 21 and have nobody to blame for my unhappiness but myself. I feel as though, I won't be happy until I reach my weight loss goal. I've tried over and over again with diets and working out but I can't ever stay motivated.

Replies

• brents_princess
    brents_princess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! Really hope that we can help each other out!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Okay, I'm 23 rather than 21, and there are some other factors in my life I have no control over that cause stress & some level of unhappiness, but I'm 100% with you on the weight loss and dieting front.

I have been on MFP for 2 weeks tomorrow, and I can honestly say this is the longest i have consistently tracked both my caloric intake and my exercise. I love the databases for both - and as a student, its really easy to find 5 minutes to log in and input my data.

I would recommend weighing yourself weekly, and not more frequently, because body mass can vary day to day due to little things, and you want to know the overall trend. Choose a day of the week and weigh yourself right when you wake - before breakfast.

Hope this tip helps - I wish someone had told it to me at 21. I was so stressed every day that the number didn't go down... and stress won't help you reach your goal!

Good luck!!
  • v1k1n95
    v1k1n95 Posts: 40
    Options
    ADVICE: Something I learned fairly quickly and that has helped me lose 35 lbs. so far, if you can't stay motivated (like you said), you're either:

a) Trying to lose weight WAY TOO FAST or
    b) Putting WAY TOO MUCH pressure on yourself

Take it easy and set small goals. A bunch of small goals adds up to a big goal :)
    Poke around the discussion boards. They have a ton of advice and tips!
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    Thank you! I really am determined to stick to it this time. I'm just praying I can stay motivated. This is the first site that I've found that I automatically liked so hopefully thats a good sign. I have been known to weight myself more then once a week and that discourages me alot. I've decided to weight every Friday so hopefully I can stick to it.
  • jackieblue65
    jackieblue65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am also new. I lost 35 lbs last year and then stagnated. Haven't lost anymore - but I haven't gained either. Back on the wagon and I find that writing what I eat really helps me. Good Luck to all
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would like to welcom you to MFP you will find a lot of support and great resources on this site. please feel free to add me as a friend. I am looking forward to our smile returning as you reach your goals!
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    SOME OF THE BEST ADVICE I'VE EVER GOT! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    ADVICE: Something I learned fairly quickly and that has helped me lose 35 lbs. so far, if you can't stay motivated (like you said), you're either:

a) Trying to lose weight WAY TOO FAST or
    b) Putting WAY TOO MUCH pressure on yourself

Take it easy and set small goals. A bunch of small goals adds up to a big goal :)
    Poke around the discussion boards. They have a ton of advice and tips!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Amber! It sounds like you have already taken a big step toward reaching your goals, and I'm sure you will find MFP to be very helpful. There is a lot of support, information, and motivation to be found here, and it is certainly one of the most positive forums I've found online.

Best of luck in reaching your goals, and feel free to add me as a friend.