day 3 of 30 DS :)

Options
Well I worked through the pain and soreness and just got done day 3 of 30DS -
i posted last night that according to my HRM i only burned 32 calories doing 30 DS - since I have the watch HRM someone suggested between changes in exercise touch the HR screen and it will calculate the calories burned as my HR changes - so I did - what I did notice was the highest my HR got to was 161 - when I slowed down from cardio to strength of abs it's nearly dropped to 91 - maybe that could be why - my calories moves when I did cardio (which I guess in a way kind of makes sense to me) opinions?????????????

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think you need to get a reliable HRM that has a strap...
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    Wish I could afford it - I guess in a way after last night it stopped bothering me so much about how many calories I burned. I don't eat my exercise calories anyway and as long as I am exercising and pushing myself, I am happy with that. Trust me when I say, when I have a little extra money I may go for the chest strap one. I have a very hard time spending ANY kind of money on myself, especially when I have 2 kids ~ Think I have the same jeans for the last 4 years :laugh:
    Like I said as long as I am pushing myself and NOT cheating then I am content with that
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Keep looking for bargains...I got my Polar on ebay...for $70.

You can enter the 30 DS as circuit training in the data base- it is pretty close to my HRM....

And PS...you should eat some of your exercise cals back. Im not going to preach that to you--there are so many schools of thought on that. (I eat SOME of mine back) btw...
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Start a mommy fund! and save up to buy yourself a really great HRM. You are going to need to start eating those exercise calories and knowing those numbers are only going to benefit in the long run. I've lost 3-4 lbs a week now that I am eating those calories almost entirely back. Just a suggestion. G'luck to you! I'm sure you will do wonderfully! 30 Day Shred helped me start my journey...my results were awesome and yours will be too! Knowing calories in and out will push you forward faster.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    the 1st HRM I bought (and then returned) had a statement in the instructions that said it was not accurate for estimating calories burned when the HR was below 100... might be the same with yours.

what was the total estimated this time with checking your hr more often?