A survey :)

Options
2»

Replies

• neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1. Do you pre plan your days food, or do you just eat as you go and stay within your limits?
    I take time every weekend (Sat or Sun) to plan my meals for the entire week... it keeps me focused and prepared.

2. What is your favorite low calorie desert?
    I really don't do desert per say but I do like greek yogurt with honey by Athenos; I also like peanut butter a lot so I do eat it on a half side of a sanwhich twin with bananas which s more of a snack between meals; I occasionally have a glass of champagne or desert wine with grapes and laughing cow cheese

3. What is your go to exercise? Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (it takes care of those days I don't get to the gym or really need to shock my body... love the cardio/circuit training); at the gym I love the elliptical trainer.

4. How many calories are you eating each day? How much are you losing on average per week? I was averaging around 1200-1400 but I hit a plateau because I wasn't eating back my exercise calories and I worked out everyday. Now I'm shooting for 1400-1800 (trying the Zig Zag type process for a week or so to see if it gives me a boost) I was averaging 1.5 - 2 pounds per week but hit a plateau and it has slowed to approx .5 pounds per week... hope this will pick up a little from changing my workout and eating more

5. Which is harder for you, working out or staying in your calorie limit? Neither one are hard for me ... I never really exceed my calorie limit ( I try to choose low calorie items which fill me up, I eat 2-3 snacks between my 3 meals, and drink lots of water) ... I have become somewhat addicted to working out because I love the way I feel afterwards and even when the scale doesn't reflect a change the inches are the results which motivate me the most from working out ...I love the way my body is changing as a result of it.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    1. Do you pre plan your days food, or do you just eat as you go and stay within your limits?

I mostly log as I go. However, I make things in bulk and tend to eat variations of the same thing for a week at a time. I have a general idea of what I’m eating, but I keep things flexible. I usually need some protein and additional calories after diner, so I pre-plan that snack with the goal of getting as much protein as possible.

14 Ghiradelli chocolate chips (60% cacao) and 20 grams of dry roasted almonds is my favorite after dinner snack. But when I want dessert, I don’t do low calorie. I manage my calories and exercise and work it in.

3. What is your go to exercise?

Yoga 3-5 times a week. Has profoundly changed my life.

4. How many calories are you eating each day? How much are you losing on average per week?

1300-1500. I don’t weigh every week, but average -3.5lbs a month.

5. Which is harder for you, working out or staying in your calorie limit?

Neither. It’s hardest for me to meet my daily calorie requirement without exceeding my daily sodium. I also struggle to get enough protein.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I eat as I go and pray Im in my limits.

desert flavored Yoplait Light

In home walking (leslie sansone)

4. How many calories are you eating each day? How much are you losing on average per week?
    Around 2000 a day and I have no idea if I am losing or not.

both lol
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    1. Do you pre plan your days food, or do you just eat as you go and stay within your limits? pre plan! i can't eat as i go...generally that's a recipe for disaster.

2. What is your favorite low calorie desert? fresh fruit! melon, pineapple, berries...i love summer for the fresh fruits!

3. What is your go to exercise? elliptical.

4. How many calories are you eating each day? How much are you losing on average per week? 1600. on average, like 2 lbs or so.

5. Which is harder for you, working out or staying in your calorie limit? working out - sometimes there's not enough time in the day!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just try to stay in the limits.

A diet Dr. Pepper or fresh fruit. Not exactly low calorie I know, but better than chocolate.

Zumba or yoga. If there aren't any of those classes available, then the elliptical.

I'm eating 1650 a day, with the hopes of losing two pounds a week.

Working out, only because I have a hard time fitting it in my schedule.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

A little of both. I preplan the stuff that I know I'll be eating, and I always put at least something down for dinner to "reserve" those calories... otherwise I'm afraid that I'll accidentally snack too much and have nothing left for dinner.

Strawberries with whipped cream. Or a Hershey's Dark mini (38 cals).

I alternate between Jillian videos and running.

I zig-zag, so my calories are different each day. I just make sure my weekly average falls around or slightly below my "daily calorie limit" of 1100 (I'm short). I've lost 10 lbs in 2 months.

Well, both or neither. I love to run on sunny days, so when I get to run, it's easy to exercise AND easy to stay under my cal limit because I get more calories to work with. But this weekend, exercising has been harder because I've been stuck in the house. So it's been hard to stay under my cal limit too because I have less cals to work with AND I'm around the kitchen all day.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this is fun! :)

I usually cook my meals, so I plan what I'm going to have for each meal. On the weekends, I usually eat as I go

1-2 pieces of chocolate - the ones I love lately are Dove Silky Smooth Promises. Each one is only 42 calories, and oh so decadent. :) And chocolate is not bad either... lots of antioxidants! :)

Zumba - I look forward to this class every week!

I eat a net of 1500 calories daily, and I've lost about 20 lbs in 3 months, averaging 1.5 lbs/ week

I'm actually doing well on both fronts - my body craves daily exercise (never thought i'd be the type to say this!), and if I go over in calories, it's 1x/month on avg. If i had to choose one, it'd be staying in my calorie limit - there are times I may not be hungry, but wish I had leeway to do some extra snacking :) instead of watching that I don't exceed my calorie ceiling
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    I DONT PLAN PER SAY BUT I DO THINK AHEAD.. OF WHAT I HAVE AS TO WHAT I WILL EAT. IM VERY SIMPLE AND EAT LOTS OF THE SAME STUFF. EGGS AND CHICKEN. LOVE BOTH AND COULD EAT THEM ALL DAY EVERY DAY.. I PRETTY MUCH DO

NO SUGAR ADDED FUDGE BAR OR IF IM HAVING A GOOD DAY TARGET 100 CALORIE MINI SUNDAY CONES CHOCOLATE OF COURSE.

PILATES

I TRY TO STAY BELOW MY 1200.. I AM NOT LOSING AT ALL.. NOT SURE WHY.. I SHOULD PROBABLY BE EATING MORE. BUT I FOLLOW WHAT MFP PUT IN FOR ME. WHEN I EXCERSIZE I EAT MORE. IDK.

WORKING OUT DEFINATELY.. IM VERY VERY VERY LAZY