Plateau

Options
Hey all,

I've been doing great on my weight loss journey so far. I've lost 40lbs already. I'd like to lose 25 more, but I feel like I'm stuck at a plateau. I can't figure out what I need to do to make the numbers go down. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I went liquid for one day and increased my exercise. Seem to jump start me...best to you.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Water (and lots of it)! I have been on a plateau as well, but I added MRM Whey Protein ( I like the Dutch Chocolate one) into my diet with 12 oz of 2% milk, and that seems to have helped me a lot. I drink that after I work out- and it has done miracles.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Check out the blog in my signature, it's how I broke my own plateau that lasted 3 painful months.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    Change it up a bit? If you normally workout 3days a week add 2 days or subtract 2 days.....or change up the routines your doing to something else for 1-2 weeks.....or increase your calories for a few days 2-3 days. I wouldn't recommend doing them all, just offering some choices and if I were you I would pick just one choice and try it out. Trying to many things at once could backfire on you and that would defeat the purpose.
  • andybr
    andybr Posts: 6
    Options
    P90X? :) I hate that guy so much... but it's such a good workout!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people on MFP dicussing plateaus... many people suggest eating more Not going over your daily calories, of course, but eating back your "exercise calories". For instance if you exercise and burn 300 calories you need to eat those calories to STILL lose weight or your body will be in a caloric deficit. It sounds backwards, but you could give it a try.
  • katihamlin
    Options
    Thanks all for your helpful responses! I will give some of them a try and see if there is any difference on the scale. *Fingers crossed* I will persevere!