Not losing wt or inches..

Options
I started south beach diet in the last week of Jan 11. Within few weeks I lost about 12-15 lbs. Then weight loss stopped completely. Then I started working out, trying different DVD's ( biggest loser, Jillian micheals), still didnt lose any weight. then I started journaling my food intake 2 weeks back. I never go over 1400 cal max. never lower than 1200 cal. I am clueless where I am doing anything wrong. I started with the intention of getting around 170 lbs for my cousins wedding in June, but time is running out and I am still pretty much where I was. btw I am not losing any inches either. Currently I am doing 30 day Shred, level 2. My husband and I notice a lot of difference in how I look but still NO WIEGHT LOSS OR EVEN INCHES. Can anybody relate this, or tell where I can improve.
I started at about 218-220 lbs, currently I am 206-208 lbs, large frame and 5'7". hoping to lose 2lbs per week.

Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if you need help you need to open your food diary so we can see what your eating.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    if we could see your diary it would help. sometimes it's not how much you are eating but what you are eating. if you could make it open you would probably get better feed back on what you might try to get your body jump started again.
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    Are you keeping your sodium intake low? It depends on what foods you are consuming. Try to avoid empty calories by eating avoidance of processed foods. Try to cook your own meals and consume plenty of green veggies which also may include fiber, and eat fruits which are lower in sugar such as strawberries, blueberries, small apples, etc. and ensure that you're getting enough protein as well.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    Are you eating between 1200 and 1400 cals net? or total? If you're not eating your exercise cals back, your body might be in starvation mode.

You can also try staggering your cals to get past a plateau. I started eating 1200 net cals a day and lost really well for a couple weeks, then stopped. Upped my cals to 1400 net cals and started losing again, then stopped. Just upped to about 1600 net cals and am losing once again. So try upping/staggering your cals. It sounds counterproductive, but as long as you're eating the right things, it could be a big help.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we will be able to help you brain storm. Without your journal all I can say is make sure you are drinking enough water! Water, water, water- I can't say it enough!!!!!!!!!!!!