New Here-Support, Friends, Tips,Motivation! Give and Receive

Options
Hi all! New to MFP. Started logging last week, but then the weekend was upon me. SMH - Poof, away I went.
I just got on tonight and really set up my profile and all. I'm going to hit it head on tomorrow - I know I am.

A little about me? Arkansas, 40, married, pretty empty nest. Now that I have the time for me, I'm not sure what to do. I can do the eating right thing a whole lot better than the exercise thing. I hate to do it alone, and most of the time schedules don't mesh with my friends.

I hope to make some friends who can motivate me, offer me tips and insights, and I hope I can do the same in return.

Looking forward to browsing around MFP and figuring out how to use all the great tools that are available to my advantage! What's your best "how to use it" tip about MFP?

Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    Welcome! this site is great! feel free to add me!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Welcome & congrats on taking the first step!! I agree this is a great site & you're welcome to add me too if you're looking for support on this journey. . .I know I can use all the support I can get too!!:smile:

P.S. My best "tip" for the site is just make sure you do use it to track everything. . .even if you'd rather not admit something like my 3 slices of pie today! :embarassed:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    welcome to the family. feel free to add me to your list. i ask that you please share your birthday with me as i love to celebrate them. mine is january 14th.

glad your here.

vicky jo.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Glad you're here!! Add me for support!! Everyone here is awesome!!!! :happy:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me for support :-)
  • adholcomb
    adholcomb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats for taking that step. I am only 50 days in and 18 pounds down. This site has helped me tremendously. Love it. Feel free to add me for support!!!
  • smartal5
    smartal5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm just getting started as well, and I'm finding that adding a ticker to my signature on any forums/social sites I'm a part of is really good for motivation.

Please feel free to add me!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can add me! My tip is to double check nutritional information. There are some things on here that are wrong. Always go with the ones that have confirmations, if possible. And Log EVERYTHING.
    I exercise on the treadmill watching tv every day and now I take walks either alone or with my son. I love walking!
  • madwil
    madwil Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all, I just joined and i am very excited.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP have fun here and good luck on your weight loss journey, after you start losing more and more you will want to do more exercising just give it time, it took you a while to gain it, it will take some time to lose it :)
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome! I believe the best advice anybody can give you is to be honest. Log everything u put in your mouth. It helps u stay accountable. If u want more support you can add me. Enjoy the journey, your going to learn so much.