Gluten-free AND Sugar-free.

Options
Okay. So I'm also kosher. I was very much under my projected calories today, but went over on fat (lots of nuts and PB).

Anyone out there have tips on how to stay full and nutrient-full without starving? I also am trying to figure out how to master this sugar craving.

(Note: I've been gluten-free for a year for health reasons, and I'm going sugar-free to see if it helps some other health problems I'm having.)

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been using a low-fat vegan cookbook called Appetite for Reduction. Most of the recipes are or can be made gluten free - there are comments that describe necessary adjustments for the ones that are not but can be made. Most of the recipes are sweetener free, although a few have agave nectar or maple syrup. I'm unfamiliar with the strictures of Kosher eating, so I can't tell you if it'll work for that, but might be worth checking out of the library to see if it appeals. Although my husband and I are not vegan, we've been enjoying the nutrient dense, low calorie foods - each of the recipes we've tried so far has been tasty.
  • kvetchingeditor
    Options
    Vegan diet is totally kosher friendly (fruits and veggies are naturally kosher). I'll check it out! Thank you oodles :)
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I'm also kosher. I was very much under my projected calories today, but went over on fat (lots of nuts and PB).

Anyone out there have tips on how to stay full and nutrient-full without starving? I also am trying to figure out how to master this sugar craving.

(Note: I've been gluten-free for a year for health reasons, and I'm going sugar-free to see if it helps some other health problems I'm having.)

Hey there! thankfully the fats you're over on are all good for you, but i understand wanting to rgulate it. Are you living vegan/vegetarian? because proteins and fats keep us feeling full longest. If you are vegan/vegetarian i understand how hard it is to eat GF and still loose and not feel like your starving all the time. but there are a few protein sources, such as quinoa (and i could give you more if you are vegan/vegetarian *if not than i have MILLIONS of recipes to help you feel full while staying under your kcals/fats*) that is an african seed that's gf and contains so many minerals/proteins/fiber that it's a miracle grain IMO.

As for the going sugar free, unfortunatly it's going to be that way as you detox, thats why it's so hard. Sugar is the Crystal Meth of foods, the more you have, the more addicted to it you become. But what helped me was always having lil snack packs of veggies (cause fruits have sugars that'll keep you addicted to sugar unfortunatly, but yay in 7-14 days you can reintroduce fruits without triggering yourself) and some hummus or babaganosh to dip it in, so it cured this mental thing for me without chocking myself full of artifical sweetners, and still giving me that hand to mouth thing so i was distracted and began to feel satisfied. You may get a few headaches during your detox, but don't be discouraged because once you get past that 7-14day mark you'll be buzzing full of energy. :-D i hope i've helped a bit and please friend me or ask any other questions if i wasn't through explaining anything or if you'd just like recipes! :-D good luck!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Vegan diet is totally kosher friendly (fruits and veggies are naturally kosher). I'll check it out! Thank you oodles :)

You are more than welcome! Good luck! :happy: