Not Ready to Die

Options
Hello Everyone,

I've just joined and I'm thankful to Nicole, a woman who told me about the site. I have been looking for something to help me count calories in and calories out.

Right now I need help from anyone who can tell me how to reduce the hidden carbs

Have a great day

Replies

• tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I've just joined and I'm thankful to Nicole, a woman who told me about the site. I have been looking for something to help me count calories in and calories out.

Right now I need help from anyone who can tell me how to reduce the hidden carbs

Have a great day
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    Man that not easy, try eating whole food you now anything that does not come pre-packaged
  • tjones7
    Options
    Thanks, I'm scared to eat yogurt now!!!!!!!! I'll work at it
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I was always told that a good rule of thumb is anything that comes out of a box or a can is generally considered inferior and only to be used in desperation. If you think about it, it makes sense.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hidden carbs? Not sure what you mean there--all carbs are listed on labels. If you mean carbs you may not realize you're eating, then MFP helps with that by allowing you to track everything you eat and see what you are eating.

Yogurt is fine--nothing wrong and great for you.

Stay away from too much sodium, simply carbs, and sugar. Eat lots of fiber and you'll do fine. Trust the numbers MFP gives you--this works. Trust us!
  • dantell13
    Options
    Hi There,
    You are right, the hardest thing is to be consistent. I have been trying to lose weight for 15 years and always lose 8 to 12 pounds and then I go off the wagon. I have been following the south beach week one foods that I can eat for about 5 weeks now and I am finally doing something and staying consistent. It is hard and I hate it and I miss the foods I love, but I realized I dont want to die and I want to look good so I hang in there. V8 juice, hard boiled egg whites, light string cheese, turkey, boca burgers with salsa and beans. That has been my life. But I am down 20 pounds in 5 weeks. Hang in there baby, you can do it and it will change you life.
    David
  • tjones7
    Options
    Thank You All!! I'm still learning how to navigate this site. Some days, I only have time to log my food but I'm tried to make an effort to join in on the discussion boards and meet new friends.

Thank You
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
    Thank You All!! I'm still learning how to navigate this site. Some days, I only have time to log my food but I'm tried to make an effort to join in on the discussion boards and meet new friends.

Thank You
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    First and foremost welcome :flowerforyou: and congratulations on making a change for the better.
    Not all carbs are created equal, what you need to stay away from, is processed carbs, that are in white flour, white rice, regular pasta and anything with lots of sugar in it. Whole wheat or any other grain doesn't make your insulin levels spike like the processed stuff does. I'll put up some post you need to read, they will explain a lot of things that are importand on the road to being healthy.

newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

I hope that helps a little. I have a lot to loose and I am taking it slow this time , because all the other times I couldn't stay with the program. I have been her since may and even so I fell off my little red wagon a couple of times I got righ back on and am feeling a lot better.
    I wish you sucess and don't be scared of food, get the facts and make good chioces and you'll be at your goal in no time:drinker:
  • tjones7
    Options
    First and foremost welcome :flowerforyou: and congratulations on making a change for the better.
    Not all carbs are created equal, what you need to stay away from, is processed carbs, that are in white flour, white rice, regular pasta and anything with lots of sugar in it. Whole wheat or any other grain doesn't make your insulin levels spike like the processed stuff does. I'll put up some post you need to read, they will explain a lot of things that are importand on the road to being healthy.

Hello thank you, I thought that too but I can honeslty say I don't eat white anything knowinly unless they make granola out of white bread...lol thanks for the websites