Hello

Options
My name is Ken I am a 37 year old father of three boys. My heaviest was Jan of this year. I weighed 494 pounds. So far this year I am down thirty pounds. Lucky for me I have the help of my primary doctor. She has helped me realize that my obsession with McDonald's was an addiction. I was successful in breaking that addiction for McDonald's, but I am afraid that I replaced it with other fast food items. The past week was not a very good week for me, because I ate all of the wrong things just about everyday of the week. However Saturday was a turning point for me. I took my Cub Scout pack on a hike to Centennial Olympic Park in Downtown atlanta. We hiked about three miles on Saturday. For lunch I ate a salad and drank water. So It was a very good day. On Sunday I cut the grass and avoided the junk food. So I think I am back on track. One thing I learned from Weight Watchers over the years is that when you have a craving you better give into it sooner than later or else you will fail. And just because you have a bad day or even a bad week it does not mean that you have lost the fight. You just need to get back on the horse and try again.

Good Luck to every one.

Ken

P.S. "How do you know if someone needs encouragement or not? Check to see if they are breathing." S. Truett Cathy founder of Chick-Fil-A.

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!Ken.sounds like you`re making some progress.Any change you make to get healthy,you`re on the right track.Small steps equal big steps.
    Slow and steady is my motto.
    You can do it!!
    good luck!!
    jane
  • Kthorne119
    Options
    Thank you Jane.