STUCK>>>

yukon1
yukon1 Posts: 4
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I was doing really well, lost 21 lbs but now am stuck and I still have more than 50 to go!! It has been two weeks since I lost any weight. Have ramped up exercise, kept calories at 1200. Trying to stay committed- advice?

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    1200 total or 1200 net? If you aren't getting 1200 net, you're making your body hold on to fat and it won't budge. If you ARE eating 1200 net and aren't losing, try upping it to 1300... I know it sounds counterproductive, but it really does work. :)
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70 Member
    Ya I think you need to eat more. As crazy as that sounds your body needs fuel to keep up with your workouts :) Maybe try adding some protein and keep going. You are doing great!!!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    The "eat more to bust a plateau" trick seems to work... some of the time. Just an FYI, it seems less likely to work if you are apple-shaped or have insulin resistance. If either of these apply to you, I'd suggest varying your calorie intake. Spike it up one day, and lower it the next - shake things up to get your metabolism out of a rut. Also, what kind of exercise have you ramped up? If you're just doing cardio, you need to add in some resistance/weights. Do a lot of new movements that your body isn't conditioned to, not just more of the same.
This discussion has been closed.