Nothing works!

Options
right so I have seen a dietician and dr has prescribed me tablets
After monitoring my lack of progress to try and kickstart. I have been to exercise classes 3
Times a week and worked on 1200 - 1400 calories based on members advice. I have not been on
Scales for 3 weeks till today and a whopping loss of 0!
My gym trainer recommends I go up to my bmr of 1510 cals as I exercise and walk to work.
???????!?!HELP HELP HELP???????? I feel like crying -what is wrong and why am I not
Losing anything

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    What did your doctor prescribe? Has he/she ruled out medical conditions that could be causing this??
    Your weight lost depends on what your current weight is, along with other factors. If you only have 10lbs to lose, it'll be much slower than someone who has 100lbs!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    what does MFP set your calorie goal to be? Mine was around 1770 when I started but i changed it to like 1500 on my own because i would lose faster. WRONG!!! i decided to let it set my goals and go with it. the goal will slowly come down as you lose weight. i am eating more than before and it is working for me. so what does your goal say?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    pft..workout more..dont up your calories.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking your water and getting your protein in....that does make a difference.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    With 10 lbs to lose, you should be eating at LEAST your BMR at the very minimum. Might help to read these threads that help explain MFP and how to determine a healthy, realistic cal goal. Good luck to you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    @neelixo2: Don't give up. It might take a while for things to get working. I was stalled for 3 weeks and the numbers are finally going down again. Maybe give it another week or two? Meticulously record calories in via food, out via exercise and times and anything else you can think to track? Just for a short while to see what works for you.

Also, people who weigh daily tend to lose more weight. Helps you keep track of how your body responds to various stimuli.

All my best! You WILL get this figured out. :)
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Seconding LadyHawk's advice! it's good to at least meet your BMR so that your body is getting enough calories to function. Remember that your BMR is still lower than your maintenance level, so you still have a solid calorie deficit!
  • neelixo2
    neelixo2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i am currently 190 lbs and 5 ft 3. Dr has tested for thyroids-metabolism. calculates 1200 cals a day.
    i sit at a desk for work so put sedentary as activity. Walk half hour each way to work and have been doing, core,circuits,lbt,abs and aerobics and spinning. I have asked for a gym workout which will cost me £20 for designed programme but right now feels bit pointless paying it!!!!!!!!!

Is the problem the calories????????
    god i've even given up my glass of wine on a saturday!
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Ah, you're not sedentary if you're walking to work and exercising every day. Might want to switch settings to moderate or active and see what MFP thinks.
  • believetoachieve
    Options

What you're doing is NOT wrong. Ignore him/her! :grumble:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    @xraychick....wow...that was the worst advice I've ever seen on mfp!!

U need to be sure to eat at MINIMUM 1200. If ur mfp goal is 1200, then eat that and try to not be to far under.

If ur mfp goal is let's say 1600, and ur only eating 1200, then that's y ur not losing.

And remember, u r wanting to look at ur net calorie goal...if at the end of the day ur net cal is under 1200 regularly, ur prob n starvation mode.

I stalled for 2weeks and I was so depressed, but 10days ago I came outta it, and I've lost a lil over 9lbs since then...
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    i am currently 190 lbs and 5 ft 3. Dr has tested for thyroids-metabolism. calculates 1200 cals a day.
    i sit at a desk for work so put sedentary as activity. Walk half hour each way to work and have been doing, core,circuits,lbt,abs and aerobics and spinning. I have asked for a gym workout which will cost me £20 for designed programme but right now feels bit pointless paying it!!!!!!!!!

Is the problem the calories????????
    god i've even given up my glass of wine on a saturday!

Have you been tested for PCOS? I don't have it, but some women do and I know it really messes up their weight! Chin up - I'm 5'4, and I started this journey at 193lbs, and got down to 144lbs. Currently I'm 153, but working on dropping that 10lbs again. Take the personal trainer session, it's REALLY worth it if you get a good one! My sessions have completely changed my outlook on fitness!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    I would recommend looking at the threads I mentioned to determine a healthy cal goal. Make sure you're weighing and measuring your food. Drink lots of water and watch your sodium intake. Above all, be patient. Keep working and you WILL see results. You just might need to experiment a little to find what works for you. :wink:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ah, you're not sedentary if you're walking to work and exercising every day. Might want to switch settings to moderate or active and see what MFP thinks.

Omg, ppl keep giving u wrong advice leftand right!

Do not change this! Keep it at sedentary! Just be sure to enter ur calories u burn...so everyday ud enter in all ur excercises...

If u hange it to active and then enter ur excercise, ull eat too much!! Don't do it! I'm sedentary, I enter n everytime I workout.
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    ^ Your activity level is determined by how ACTIVE you are, she is not sedentary by having a desk job if she is at spinning class every day.. It's about your metabolism and how much muscle you have.
  • neelixo2
    neelixo2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone i'll certainly look at the threads and re-set my activity level. im back at doctors next week so will no doubt be having a long chat.

i appreciate your advise and support everybody xx
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Doctor is always a good idea! Good luck!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    I have removed some posts from this thread which violate forum rules.

"Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Please remember we are all here to support eachother. You may disagree with the advice, but you may not insult the person giving it. Thank you!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options

What you're doing is NOT wrong. Ignore him/her! :grumble:

Was about to do this.

SO much misinformation on here!!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Upping my calories has helped me lose weight, esp as I got very close to my goal. And once I included breakfast (I never used to have that meal) and had snacks every 3-4 hours - I got back on track!