Any suggestions??

Options
Hey! I have now been on this site a month yesterday. Doing ok and feeling good. BUT I am set to lose 2 lb a week and I only seem to manage just over a 1lb a week. Its fab cause I am still losing not gaining but I am wondering over a few choices that may be hindering me.

I have put myself down as active. I work in a pet shop, I am on my feet 8 hours a day. I am lifting and carrying sacks from 10kg up to 25kg out for customers as well as unloading all the deliveries we get from suppliers. At the last count just for customers alone I carry anything from 30 to 50 sacks a day. I do this 5 days a week. The other two days are spent just chilling out at home or on the lake (I love fishing) so not active days.

I am just under on my calories most days (but never go under 1200) and my other stats like fat carbs are always green as well. The only one I go in the red in is protein as I need my muscle. I walk or cycle to work most mornings and most evenings back home but I log these as extra exercise. I started off really well drinking my water but have found it a struggle the last couple of weeks.

Now the reason I am stuck is that I'm not sure whether I am maybe not losing enough because I don't eat enough or because I eat to much. Am I active or only lightly active? I don't want to drop my calories only to find I am burning more than I think and end up starving myself.

What would you guys do?

Replies

• julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I only count activity that I do such as exercise that is not part of my normal daily routine. If you were doing all of that activity at the pet store before you started your weight loss, then it is not new activity so perhaps your activity level should only be light or perhaps even sedentary and then the extra exercising would be the calories you should consume. Does that make sense? Of course that's only my opinion...

Also, try to drink your water every day.

When you do exercise are you getting your heart rate into the optimal zone? That will help burn calories as well.

We all want to see fast weight loss, but you have to remember that the more you can eat (healthy) and still lose, the better able you will be able to do this in the long run, so if losing 1 lb a week is what you're doing, maybe your body is telling you that this is the healthy rate that it likes it to be.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work!
  • Coco_Belle
    Options
    Hi Rajwa
    It certainly seems like you are active. When you say you are 'just under' your calories for the day, how far are you? If its only by a couple under your 2000 a day allocation then you are just losing on the basis of your exercise.
    What is your diet like? If you examine it carefully, you may find some easy ways to cut out a lot of fat, sugar etc and that may make a difference.

Hope you get it sorted, and well done for continuing to lose.
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    You need to make sure that on top of eating properly, you are working out more than what you're currently doing during work hours. Your body is used to the bike ride to and from work, and the heavy lifting you do all day. So yes, that would constitute an active lifestyle. And because you're so active, you need to do at least another 30 minutes 3 times a week to be losing more than a pound a week.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You have all been really helpful. Only been cycling or walking to work since February hence the reason I was listing it as extra. Before that I drove to work and back. Wanted to get healthy and save on the cost of petrol. It does make sense to include it with my active lifestyle not exercise calories. If I added those extra calories together it would go somewhere near my half pound.

I really need to add more workouts in with my routine. Have fitted the odd one in but nothing regular so most of my weight loss has been through diet only.

Will keep as active, not include my travel to work as extra, up my water and see how that goes. Thank you all! :flowerforyou: