NSV- bye bye 240points!!!!

keljo05
keljo05 Posts: 173
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
I grew up in a family of diabetics so of course my risk was high. Last fall I bought a home A1C test to prove my hubby was lying about his sugars being normal when I knew they weren't. It was a 2 test kit and I decided to take the other to show him what it should be.

imagine my surprise to see it come up around 8!

I took my sugar and it was quite clear that I had gone from pre diabetic to diabetic with a value of 300 or so. blah. I knew losing weight and eating better and exercise would help. From that point to the end of february i lost 10lbs and was a little better with my eating. numbers still ranged from 250-350's. I joined the gym at the end of february and then found this site and have been making much healthier decisions.

I sporadically check my sugar ( maybe 1-2times a week) and the numbers have been going down. For about 3 weeks I was stuck in he 140's....

today it's 115!!

whoo hoo!! Hubby and I have argued greatly over me needing medications, however I currently have no ins and I'm not a huge fan of some of the meds due to family issues with them. I knew I could reduce it with healthier choices and I did.. yay!

The other part of this is that my mom finaly joined the gym after watching me and seeing how much I enjoyed it. She had to see the dr on Friday and her blood work was not good diabetes wise. She was afraid he was going to put her on insulin. She told him about joining the gym and that I was her inspiration .. and he said great! She is to see him again in a month, but not to start any medication ( metformin caused a bad reaction in her and he won't put it her on it again) and that the exercise should drop it nicely. I need to call her this morning and tell her that I'm back in the upper ...but normal range and it only took 5-6weeks :)
This discussion has been closed.