things i think about

Options
so, got on the scale this morning. up 2 pounds. i will not give up, but here is what i thought about....if calories in - calories out is how you lose weight, then how come someone like my sister (who is a twig) can eat anything at all and not GAIN weight. I mean, she doesnt count calories, but i am sure she eats over the calories she would be allowed. its just frustrating thats all....is there something more to losing weight than just counting calories? do you think genetics play a part in this?

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Yep! Genetics play a role in our metabolism for sure. Seems unfair, doesn't it? :cry:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Definitely genetics...my sister is the same way! One really important thing to remember is that just because you're skinny does not mean your healthy....keep up with what you're doing; it will take time, but if you do it right, you WILL see results =) Good luck
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it does. Are you exercising? I can watch my calories and go under my goal and not lose weight if I don't exercise. It's sucks but there you go. I gained 3 lbs back this weigh in. That sucks too but I'm not going to let it get me down, motivates me even more!
  • smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it does. Are you exercising? I can watch my calories and go under my goal and not lose weight if I don't exercise. It's sucks but there you go. I gained 3 lbs back this weigh in. That sucks too but I'm not going to let it get me down, motivates me even more!

YES! i exercise 5 days a week! total of 6 hours! just frustrating, but i will not give up! i have given up so many times before and this time i will push forward!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Definitely genetics...my sister is the same way! One really important thing to remember is that just because you're skinny does not mean your healthy....keep up with what you're doing; it will take time, but if you do it right, you WILL see results =) Good luck

Oh, and feel free to add me if you'd like =)