overeater....

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
I know i have asked for advice on this before, but i am still doing it!! ARRR!! I do really well with my portion control most days, but it seems every 4-5 day i am out of control eating sooo much, it is killing my weight loss goals! Then i feel horrid....does anyone else tend to do this? Or does anyone know what causes it and how to control it.....thanks!!!

Replies

• carajo
    Options
    I know i have asked for advice on this before, but i am still doing it!! ARRR!! I do really well with my portion control most days, but it seems every 4-5 day i am out of control eating sooo much, it is killing my weight loss goals! Then i feel horrid....does anyone else tend to do this? Or does anyone know what causes it and how to control it.....thanks!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    how low are your calorie goals normally?

I found when I was trying to exist on 1200 calories a day (which after lots of research I found was about 400 calories lower than my BMR) every two or three days I would lose my mind and overeat like crazy.

After I adjusted my calories up, this problem went away.

And now, that I'm on maintenance levels of calories, I'm still losing inches and I never feel like that. (well, almost never. . .there's always my "special lady time". . .when all bets are off.)

:flowerforyou:
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    I do the exact thing! So I am right there with you! I am actually in one of those overeating moods today...I have already eaten all my daily calories and I haven't had dinner yet :( this drives me crazy. Luckily I am still doing my 450 calorie-burning workout tonight. I am still so disappointed.

I have no advice, sorry. But at least I can answer your question about anyone else doing it! Ha...
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    every 2 to 3 days I would eat 5000 calories it was killing me. viviakay sound right make sure you eating enough. but also let yourself have a little cheat. not all day bingeing. I try to plan it out like tonight I'm having alittle Ice cream but first I did an hour of cardo and burned 700 calories
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Vivakai is right! Any time you eat at least you BMR calories you keep your sugar from spiking and dropping. If you are not eating enough- your body will fight you from within
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have a few things I keep in mind and think about to keep me from overeating:

- My favorite foods will always be there.
    - I already know what they taste like, so I don't have to go back and "try it" at every opportunity.
    - I can get that food when I have "earned" it, not when I just want it.
    - My goal is health and love for myself, not this food.

I think at the time I first typed about this I was eating french fries often. I would eat fries and water for lunch. What was I thinking?

Now I remind myself that I can know it's good tasting, but I can get it next time, when I know it fits into my plan, and I want to be happy. YUM! It just helps me look at my favorite items and keeping ME in control, not my addiction.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something else...

I have done this quite a bit and sabotaged myself before I really get going when I *diet.* I set my goals to high. :frown: Have you set your goals so high that your change of life style seems too drastic right now? I had to start with baby steps. I had to start with, "drink more water." Then I went with "drink more water and eat one snack only per day." Then I moved on to, "drink more water, eat only one snack per day, eat out no more than twice a month." I just tried it slower this time with not forcing the calories to be perfect, working out to keep up with everyone here, and do anything to give me a culture shock. :laugh:

Anyway, just a thought and idea here! :wink:
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem. So I reset my goals to lose weight slower, but get to eat more calories. I'm hoping that helps me.

Another thing I"m having trouble with is that I used to go out every weekend with my friends. Well that always motivated me to do well during the week because I wanted to wear my skinny clothes on the weekend. But the food and drinks always halted my weight loss so I stopped going out. Well now nothing motivates me to do well during the week! I'm a total mess. I really should have been born one of those people who can eat anything and stay thin. Someone had it out for me I guess....
  • carajo
    Options
    Thanks for all the GREAT advice!!!! I bet you all are sooo right on the days i eat "good" it's only like 700-800 calories, then i go into CRAZY mode!!! Okay starting now i am going to plan a weeks worth of 1400 cals. which is my BMR and see what happens!!! Thanks again everyone!!