adding food to my foods

Options
If I add something from the database ie my morning coffee from d n d. what is the easier way to get it into my foods??? I feel like you should be able to right click and add it. Currently I am going in and creating the food but it todays fast paced IT enviroments why do I have to do that. I shoujld be able to create meals and add to my favs via the database.

Am I missing something?

Replies

• bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    If it's something you use over and over again, you can click recents and they are usually there. I know I have the same thing for breakfast every morning and when I go in to the my recents, I just click them all.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yeah but the recents are broken down by categoreis and its all cluttered. I just want to start building my database
    Has to be easier way
  • raingirl32
    raingirl32 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you added it as a new food (i.e. create food)?

Mine show in my list of my "My Foods" which I find faster than "Recents" but if you have a lot of custom foods, you would still have to search.

I hear you though - it would be nice to be able to enter the food in almost like automatically if you have it every day.
  • bryanharpster
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/faq

Q. What are meals? How do I remember a Meal, and how do I then add that Meal to my diary?

A. For foods that you regularly eat together, saving them as a Meal lets you easily add them to your diary as a group.

For example, you can create a Meal called "Two eggs and cereal breakfast" consisting of two eggs and a bowl of cereal. You can then add "Two eggs and cereal breakfast" at once instead of adding each item separately.

To create a Meal, just add the items for that Meal to one section of your diary, then click on "Remember Meal".

To add a remembered Meal to your diary, just search for it by name (i.e. search for "Two eggs and cereal breakfast") and add it like you would any other food.
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    I really don't want to add it as a new food.

So lets say I eat an apple every single day for brakfast and I want to simply at this food under my foods. I want to search database because it is already there and then add to my foods.

Can I not do that? If not that would be huge if we can push developers to get that going.
    I mean we all have like 20-30 things we eat every day. Chicken, Rice, Steak, Shrimp. I want to create my own database because after all being regular and routine is what this thing is all about
  • raingirl32
    raingirl32 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just found something called "My Meals". Is it just coffee or a few items? I think you can group them into a meal and do a mass entry daily if you eat the same thing?
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    BINGO! Thats it. I knew I read that somwhere.

so I guess if I want to add a ton of stuff just add say apple to a meal and choose remember meal

Love you guys

Thanks
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    It works but I stil wanted just a little mini mfp database in my foods, not meals. Ok but this works, Kinda