*Steps Up 2 The Mic* Testing Testing Is This Thing On?

Options
BigBoneSista
BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
Hey everyone. I thought I would just post my progress pics.

Just a brief note regarding my journey.

I've done all the fad diets. I've taken extreme measures to lose weight. None of them worked except dedication, determination and keeping myself positive. I had & still have to be very proactive in learning about weight loss and whats good for me. Its a daily process. The hardest part about my journey was dealing with the emotional side of weight loss. I had to come to terms with why I chose to eat the way that I did before I could succeed with maintaining a substantial weight loss. I had to work on my inner self and put in place counter measures so that when I was face with situations that would normally cause me to turn to food I had a way out.

There is no quick fix to this. These changes didn't happen completely at one time. Yes I had slip ups. Yes, slip ups not failures. I didn't beat myself up...no self pity or loathing was involved. I just got up, brush myself off and continued on.

I now know me. I've learned how to love exercise. I've learned how to cook healthy. I've learned moderation and allowance. I am my own biggest cheerleader instead of being my own biggest critic. I'm proud of myself and overcoming my struggles no matter how big or small allowed me to have this outlook.

Keep positive in your journey. Continue to be proactive. It makes a huge difference.

3662924_1714.jpg

1st pic: 324
2nd pic: 248
3rd pic: 210

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    You look like a million bucks! I'd kill for your legs!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    wow u look GREAT! keep up the good work
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. You look fantastic and I like your attitude. Thanks for sharing.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Look at how tiny your waist line is. OMG, jealous!! You look awesome!!! I am so proud of you girl!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!! Great job!
  • TheUnforgyvn
    Options
    You go girl! This is inspiring!!! I have so much left to go.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just had to read your post because I knew it would be fantanstic!!! And it was...your loss had been great...you LOOK like you weigh 150 but because of your height you wear the 210 well...keep it up and I can only hope to adopt your attitude and success!!! Thanks for sharing Des!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • DanaC43
    DanaC43 Posts: 6
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! But there is NO WAY your 3rd weight is correct!! You must be very tall....you look like you shoud weigh 140!!! Way to gooooo!!!!
  • jlhanks
    jlhanks Posts: 33
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Especially when you see before/after pics, you see all your hard work equaling results! I am so happy for you and so glad to be a part of this journey with you. Thank you for continuing to inspire me to keep going at this!! :)
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal, and it sounds like you feel phenomenal too. Your transformation is stunning, and I imagine that in losing all this weight, you have found so much more of what is authentically you. What a treasure.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I am my own biggest cheerleader instead of being my own biggest critic. I'm proud of myself and overcoming my struggles no matter how big or small allowed me to have this outlook.

Keep positive in your journey. Continue to be proactive. It makes a huge difference.
    YES YES YES......LOVE LOVE LOVE This statement......We are our own worst enemy - you got it perfect! Thank you for sharing!
    You are beautiful!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Fantastic!!! You are so beautiful, inside and out :flowerforyou: I am so glad I have such an inspiring and motivated MFP friend!!!

Congrats!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Great job! Very inspiring message!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Your doing an amazing job keep up the great work!!
  • seymoneisgoing2lose
    Options
    You have done a great job
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Des!

You look absolutely wonderful!

I love your attitude and approach.

You are such an inspiration!

Thank you

Karen
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. You are truly an inspiration. You look awesome and should be very proud.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Awesome job!!! you look amazing!!!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    congratulations!! You look amazing. Awesome job. Keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!