Body Pump

Options
Does anyone else do this class? I just started and I don't really know how to list it as a workout on here? I don't have a HRM so I'm not sure what I'm burning. It's not really a cardio workout, so... not sure.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I do the class but I'm sure I log it wrong, so I'm just posting so I can check back to see what others recommend heh!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I LOVE body pump.

Body pump is definitely a cardio workout because you are continuously working and my heart rate goes up to 140 (lunges kill me)

You can put it under strength training (weights) under cardio workout.

Hope this helps.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I LOVE body pump.

Body pump is definitely a cardio workout because you are continuously working and my heart rate goes up to 140 (lunges kill me)

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! (I was using circuit training but I wasn't too sure about using that)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/213006-body-pump

You might find this discussion useful!
  • Beachbride07
    Beachbride07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm probably going to have to invest in a HRM at some point to know my true workout, just needed a few pointers in the meantime. Thanks again!
  • jennifer_tucker
    Options
    I did my first BodyPump class on Saturday and I am still sore today! I love it and was wondering how to track it too. Thanks everyone!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    I love body pump..the last time I used my HRM I burned 400cals for the 60mins...and apparently that was one of their easy releases...
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    I go to body pump once a week. I read that on average you burn 400 cals per 60 minute class. Thats what I log it as.

I think if you're really pushing yourself and becoming tired at the end of each routine you can claim the 400 cals

Jit
  • jennifer_tucker
    Options
    I just tried to log is as strength training, cardio bur can't seem to get it to work. Can someone please tell me where I have to go to log this activity and what I need to do? Sorry - I am new to my fitness pal and haven't exactly figured it all out yet.

Thanks in advance! :-)
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    I put it in the cardio bit because it doesn't quite fit in the weight training section. I don't know if this is the easiest way but I typed body pump in the search field and it came with no response. But on the same page it said add new exercise or something like that. So I just called it body pump and put 60 mins = 400 cal

Hope that works for you

As i said prob not the best way but worked for me
  • Beachbride07
    Options
    I LOVE body pump.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! (I was using circuit training but I wasn't too sure about using that)

Is circuit training more intense? My "Strength training (weight lifting,...)" for 60 mins only shows 278 calories!!
  • Beachbride07
    Options
    I just tried to log is as strength training, cardio bur can't seem to get it to work. Can someone please tell me where I have to go to log this activity and what I need to do? Sorry - I am new to my fitness pal and haven't exactly figured it all out yet.

Thanks in advance! :-)

I started putting it under circuit training, general- because the calories are more accurate than the strengh training.

Hope that helps!
  • Jennifer0118
    Options
    Thanks for the info on Body Pump. I am doing the class again tonight!