Looking for good 20/30 min workout DVDs

Options
I used to love longer workout DVDs, but for some reason I just don't have the patience for them right now. This leads me to skipping on working out all together, which is bad! I'm looking for some good 20/30 minute DVDs that I can do every day in the morning to make sure I don't completely fall off the wagon.

Here's what I like- pilates, yoga, cardio exercises with basic choreography (especially kickboxing), and strength training with light weights. Some short workout DVDs I've enjoyed include The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga, the 30 Day Shred, Ana Caban's Pilates DVDs, and Self: Bikini Ready Fast.

I don't like complicated dance-inspired aerobics, DVDs that require me to buy extra equipment (I own a mat and a set of light hand weights), or DVDs that are part of a large expensive set (I get my all DVDs from the library, or used). When it comes to yoga DVDs, I prefer DVDs with an athletic emphasis rather than a spiritual one.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump.
    we pretty much have the same views as far as workout videos go.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I've been doing the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout. Tae bo is good too, and doesn't require equipment.
  • megansmom311
    Options
    I like Yoga Meltdown with Jillian Michaels. You can adjust it to your fitness/ability level and get a nice workout.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love love Jackie Warner's Power Circuit. It's strength training. The complete workout itself is 40 min long, but you also have the option to do 15 min work on Upper, Lower, Abs, etc. I love it. I bought mine at Target for like $10. Wonderful.
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    Turbo Jam has a quick 20 minute workout, but you need to buy the whole set to get it. I'm sure you could find it used on ebay for pretty cheap though. Or Jillian Michaels, but I'm not a fan of hers.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Supreme 90 is a good one for strength training with some aerobics. The ten workouts probably average 35 minutes each. The workouts are great, though the production is not as "slick" as P90X. My plan is to use Supreme 90 in the summer freeing up more time to get out and cycle, run, canoe, etc. Then in the winter when weather drives me in I'll use P90X for the longer indoors workouts. I got mine from totalfitnessdvds.com for 19.95 with free sgipping and recived it in three days by Priority mail. I only mention totalfitnessdvds because some have reported slow shipping from the Supreme 90 website.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Totally go to your public library and grab as many of their DVDs as they will let you check out. In the past I've tried getting three or four a week and switching them up day after day. If you find you really don't like one, you haven't wasted any money on it. Find one that you love, you can purchase a copy for yourself and incorporate it into your routine. Best of luck!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm really digging on Leslie Sansone's walk at home programs. Right now I have the "Start! Walking with Leslie Sansone 1 & 2 Mile Walk" on DVD. The 1 mile is 20 minutes and the 2 mile is 30 minutes. She has a lot of other videos that incorporate strength training into the moves as well, but I really enjoy this video... and the 2 mile really makes me sweat!