"skinny *****"

Options
I am reading "Skinny *****" book right now. It is pretty straight forward advice on everything you put in your mouth. Especially they are against meat and dairy. Very graphic book. Author has Master Degree in Diet and Nutrition.
I was wondering if anyone read it and wants to share their thoughts
P.S. Ops! MFP blocked the name of my book as being inapropriate., I guess.

Replies

• natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am reading "Skinny *****" book right now. It is pretty straight forward advice on everything you put in your mouth. Especially they are against meat and dairy. Very graphic book. Author has Master Degree in Diet and Nutrition.
    I was wondering if anyone read it and wants to share their thoughts
    P.S. Ops! MFP blocked the name of my book as being inapropriate., I guess.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    So share girlie!!! Is this the pink book? I thought I saw it the other day when my Mom and I were shopping. I had a little one in tow so we didn't do too much reading.
  • natalie1
    Options
    It is small white book in soft cover. Let me try again: "Skinny Bi-t-h"
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I read it and hated it, sorry. I thought the language was vulgar and unnecessary (some was funny, most was over the top for me) and it felt like a vegan platform disguised as a diet plan. If it works for you, go for it. I am an omnivore and won't ever completely forgo animal products, even though I try to be organic and "cruelty-free" when possible.
  • natalie1
    Options
    I agree : language is not what I would normally read. But author is very straight forward about ways meat and dairy are being delivered to our tables. After reading it, I quit on my Starbucks trips. I used to do skinny latteys. I stopped milk and coffee cold turkey. I am not done reading the book
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Alright so what's the deal on skinny lattes?? :noway:

I have read discussions about this book and have heard it is a vegan platform using scare tactics to convert.

I am curious about the book ...
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When I read the book "The China Study" in my nutrition class, they were very very supportive of a vegan diet.

According to all the studies I've read, animal protein (in dairy and meat) can help any cancerous tumor cells in your body grow...

I really recommend the book, but you have to be aware that this diet plan is not right for everyone and you should really discuss it with a doctor or dietician.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    my friend has it and loves it, but she likes that 'no-nonsense' approach and needed a kick start

i hated it, felt sorry for myself after reading it instead of feeling motivated :cry:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just checked this out on Amazon....Looks like a total waste of money and reading. JMO
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    My thoughts on vegetarianism is thus....

'If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.'
  • time2wrk
    Options
    I just checked this out on Amazon....Looks like a total waste of money and reading. JMO

It totally was for me.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

lol funnny
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Or "Vegetarian - Indian word for 'lousy hunter'". :laugh:
  • time2wrk
    Options

Or "Vegetarian - Indian word for 'lousy hunter'". :laugh:

HAHAHAHA!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Some of the most amazing vegetarians in the world were dinosaurs....and look where that got them....then again...it got the meat eaters too....
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Some of the most amazing vegetarians in the world were dinosaurs....and look where that got them....then again...it got the meat eaters too....

That's the thing, if vegitarians die out, then it leaves us meat eaters without anything to munch on. :frown:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

That's the thing, if vegitarians die out, then it leaves us meat eaters without anything to munch on. :frown:

Exactly....So we all have to play nice. :smokin: