I eat exercise calories! ;) And 1200 cals is not absolute! ;

2»

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    A little sumpin about the calories. I am on 1200 cals a day. I am 155 (yeah!!) 5'2" tall and 47 yrs old.

The ticker is a little off because I lost some of that weight from jan...Ok so I steadily lose 1-2 lbs a week for 8 weeks.

Now I am sitting.....waiting....patiently (NOT) for the scale to give, just a little. So I read Banks thread about breaking a plateau. I tried breaking up the cals...exercising more. Then I realized I wasnt eating my exercise calories.

Ok so yesterday I busted out. I mean I ate just what I had been craving for weeks. Anyone from Cincinnati? I had 3 Skyline coney dogs with cheese (oyvay, check out the cals/fat from them badboys, they are listed here) I felt sick to my stomach, but logged them into food log.

I LOST ANOTHER POUND! :smile:

Take the advise given, and dont be afraid to tweak it. You will find something that works for you!

OK well, hey, what ever works right? I...ahh...don't necessarilly agree with using 3 corn dogs with cheese as a primary motivator :tongue: but hey, if it did the trick, cool. Although trying something a bit more subtle might also work.:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    bumpity bump bump bump :glasses:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Tam I just love ya kiddo.

I so needed to hear this today, I am actually bumping up my calories 100 more because of what you said about gradually lowering and keeping it in a safe zone.

Thank you so much.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    :heart: Excellant post, and it is all sooo right. I don't starve myself at all, I hardly ever feel hungry and when I do I eat! lol Keep it up hun, you'll be at your goal weight in no time...although I can't imagine u 33lbs lighter! You look fantastic as it is, but you need to be at the weight you'll be happy with.
    :heart: Lauren
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    :heart: Excellant post, and it is all sooo right. I don't starve myself at all, I hardly ever feel hungry and when I do I eat! lol Keep it up hun, you'll be at your goal weight in no time...although I can't imagine u 33lbs lighter! You look fantastic as it is, but you need to be at the weight you'll be happy with.
    :heart: Lauren
    Hey you!! I am so happy to hear you don't starve!! :)

I actually have about 30 lbs to lose now, I lost more since this post! hehe I had a stinkin maintain this past Thursday though! :grumble: Oh WELL! I know it may start to get harder now that I am entering healthy weight territory!! :laugh:

Hug!
    Tami
  • TamTastic
    Tam I just love ya kiddo.

I so needed to hear this today, I am actually bumping up my calories 100 more because of what you said about gradually lowering and keeping it in a safe zone.

Thank you so much.
    Awwww thanks! Love you too girl!! :wink:

And GOOD, eat more!!! Woohooo!!! Let's hear it for eating!!!!!! HIP HIP HOOORAYYY!!! :laugh:

Hug
    Tami
  • vickster82
    vickster82 Posts: 108
    hi tamtastic-

quick question for your gym routine. you say you burn about 750-1000 calories. what exercised to you do? on most days i do yoga and cardio, but that's about 500 altogether. i would love to get a tip! thanks.
  • TamTastic
    hi tamtastic-

quick question for your gym routine. you say you burn about 750-1000 calories. what exercised to you do? on most days i do yoga and cardio, but that's about 500 altogether. i would love to get a tip! thanks.
    Hi! Well, I have slowly worked up to doing A LOT of cardio. I currently do 65 min (60 + 5 min cool down) on the elliptical with the arms. I am up to level 19 now.

I have recently started to add an additional 20 minutes or so on the elliptical without arms but with incline...or walk on the treadmill (run a little too). I am trying to just keep my body guessing and add resistance as I go. I also do strength training.

I am actually up to burning closer to 1000 now.

Does that help?? :) It sounds like you get a good workout in! Maybe just try upping the time and resistance on whatever cardio you do. When something starts to get too easy, just up it...:)

Take care!
    Tami
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    Thats fantastic! Congratulations on your huge success. You sound very strong and eager to get to your goal. i look up to people like you have have done so well. I have seen your many recipies and am going to try some. Keep strong!
    Cheers!
    Lyn
    :flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep up the GREAT work.
    I'm so proud of you. :happy:
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Hello everyone,

First of all...thank you to everyone for all the advice...Tam can I please ask you a question...you gave GREAT ADVICE...thanks for your storiy...now my question...I have lost 45 pounds in about 6months, at 1200 calories a day and exercise daily with about 600 calories burned...Now I have been on a plateau for about 6 weeks...and I am at my heathy BMI...I am not sure if I should increase calories siince I have been eating at 1200 calories or adjust my workout...to every other day????i love your strategy, but i can not lewer my cals. below 1200....so I am at a lose fro ideas....I really appreciate your hope and advice....thanks again....

Desti
  • TamTastic
    Bump
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    She's called Tam TASTIC for a reason!!!
    You're definitely an inspiration Tam
    Hugs and high fives to ya chick!!!
  • TamTastic
    She's called Tam TASTIC for a reason!!!
    You're definitely an inspiration Tam
    Hugs and high fives to ya chick!!!
    Thank you!! I just try to bump this when I see questions about exercise calories. I think it helps when there is evidence that you can eat at least SOME of them and still lose. :)
This discussion has been closed.