Easter

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
What are you guys planning on making for Easter dinner? I am planning on doing a turkey breast (not traditional for us but I already have it at home) Skinny taste's low call stuffing, some mac n cheese (170 calories per serving), carrots and onions (50 calories per serving), green bean casserole (100 calories per servings), deviled eggs (about 40 calories per serving). I am letting my MIL deal with the dessert since I am doing the rest of the cooking. I have changed most of the above traditional recipes into much lighter recipes and will also have much smaller serving sizes. I am not planning on having any bread but might make some mini corn muffins or something. I'm sure I'll make a few more veggies or have a salad probably because that is how my DH and I have determined it is best for us to fill up!! Anyway, what are you guys having and have you also changed any of your traditional recipes to make them healthier?

Replies

• snowsquall
    snowsquall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For special holidays I use it as my once a week cheat day and make sure i have a great workout that day and it usually bal
    ances out well as long as i"m back into it the next day. Down 40lbs from Nov 25/10.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, my family has very set menus for holidays, and my grandmother would probably die of shock if I changed it. And because my grandmother cannot, my mother has no time, and my sister can't boil water, I get to roast the goose, and make the traditional "even sticks to your fork if you turn the fork upside down" stuffing. *sigh*... it's my favorite, but it's SO many calories.

I figure I'll make everything "as normal", plus some steamed cauliflower or something, and then just cut my normal portion sizes down to about a quarter. It's a holiday, and everyone else deserves what they are used to... it'd be easier if I could just say "no, we're doing it MY way", but for the sake of tradition and harmony, I'll make everything "full flavor". lol.

I guess the way I'm looking at it is that there isn't anything that I CAN'T have, just things I SHOULDN'T have often... and a little bit in controlled amounts, while still keeping under my set calories, and hella working out that day... it won't undo EVERYTHING. I just can't do it EVERY day!

Have a wonderful holiday!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I agree with you kiwi!! Cutting down the normal potions to a quarter is exactly what I plan on doing with the recipes (such as mac n cheese) that is way high in calories but AMAZING!!! I figure I eat the salad first, I will not have a lot of room left for the other stuff. But, I will have a little (A LITTLE) of everything just so I do not feel deprived. I'm also making much smaller dishes than normal so there will be no leftovers to scream at me from the fridge. We'll see how this works out!