Big chest in need of a good sports bra

Options
2»

Replies

• kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    In my experience, your sports bra investment will depend on your size and what types of activities you'll be engaging in. For myself, based on those two factors, the doubled-up bra trick was pretty useless. I hated the scrawny straps, and even just lifting weights there was movement. I invested in a Champion sports bra for about $45 and it was *amazing* the difference that it made. The girls didn't budge at all when I wore it. Wide straps and cut specifically for a plus sized body, not only was it very comfortable, it lasted two years as my only exercise bra.

If you're in a size over a DD, I've heard wonderful feedback about Enell. They cost more, but in my experience with sports bras, you genuinely get what you pay for.
  • ShrinkingBetty3
    Options
    The best one I've found is the Champion Jogbra Action-Shape Sports Bra. You don't have to wear two or get them a size too small. It's designed especially for girls like us, and keeps the girls in place beautifully.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bumping also to read later. I'm in dire need of a good sports bra. I went to a sports store in the mall and tried on the largest they had and they were still too small (cup size) to hold the ladies. UGH. Must find other alternatives
  • paleochora
    paleochora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Enell Bra. Not sure if its available in shops. But you can find it online. Its been featured on Oprah. Oprah wears it and says its great, no movement.
    www.enell.com
    Hope that helps :)
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have also been looking for a GREAT sports bra as well. So, far I have not had any luck and end up using my expensive Wacoal bra with a sports bra over top of it!!!! Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions and websites!!! You all are the BEST!!!!! :drinker:

Have a wonderful day!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Sabrina
  • Mmmie
    Mmmie Posts: 31
    Options
    Well I thought finding a regular everyday bra was hard Looking of a Sports bra to fit me is almost impossable
    I currently ware a 44H and I have looked up all the suggestion in this post. It would be Awesome if anyone finds any in my size to let me know. I am so frustrated . Thanks
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Well I thought finding a regular everyday bra was hard Looking of a Sports bra to fit me is almost impossable
    I currently ware a 44H and I have looked up all the suggestion in this post. It would be Awesome if anyone finds any in my size to let me know. I am so frustrated . Thanks

Have you tried www.bravissimo.com? They are based out of the UK, but ship to the US. My sister is a HH (I don't know why not an I), but she just got some bras from there and likes them.
  • Zabarilla
    Zabarilla Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find it just about impossible to find Bra's or sports bra's that fit me. Especially since having my daughter. Currently I measure as a 36 G and I'm only five foot. So every stinking underwire anything Jabs into my arm pits. Or they don't make it small enough around for that cup size. Or the arm straps are too wide for my shoulders (falling off) or don't tighten enough to do any good. Everything is just so ill fitted. When I do find something that works they never seem to last long. These things aren't cheap!!! I'd like to find a sports bra (1 maybe 2 not 3 plus a bra) that will do a decent job securing the girls. Its hard for me to find one that fits around and the cup size without making me feel like I'm going to suffocate. Anyone have this issue? Found a brand that works best? Until I can get reduction surgery I have to find something that works. Its getting painful.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I wear my regualr bra along with a sports bra on top and that really helps keep them in check. The sports bras are just cheap ones from Target. I think they are about $16.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone, I have tried many many styles and the best by so far I can't express it is the freya underwired one. I can't use anything else.
  • Taith
    Taith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BUMP