Cottage cheese.

Options
2»

Replies

• alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    This sounds gross, but don't knock it until you try it. My family uses it as dip for nacho doritos. I've tried it with lower calorie chips and it still tastes pretty good. Just be careful not to eat too many chips with it.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I love whole wheat toast with cottage cheese and medium-spicy fresh salsa with extra cilantro.
  • ssheldon318
    Options
    This sounds gross, but don't knock it until you try it. My family uses it as dip for nacho doritos. I've tried it with lower calorie chips and it still tastes pretty good. Just be careful not to eat too many chips with it.

It is SO NOT gross! I love it with Pringles too... Any flavor! Unfortunatly, not the best snack for me because I could eat the whole tube of chips!
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options

It is SO NOT gross! I love it with Pringles too... Any flavor! Unfortunatly, not the best snack for me because I could eat the whole tube of chips!

That's why I always measure out the chips before I start eating. If I don't I will eat half the bag. Then I gain weight from my "healthy" snack. Which is ridiculous, and I should have eaten 4 rice crispy treats, or half a cheesecake if I was going to overeat!:laugh:
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Buy some apple butter, or sugar-free jelly.

Both are great mixed in to cottage cheese. Its what I have for breakfast every day :)

MmMm..I LOVE apple butter! But it's high in cals..What brand do you use??

There is a local canning company in PA that makes it with no sugar added. Its approximately 40 cals for a tablespoon. You can also try fruit butters brand apple butter, which is 29 cals for a tablespoon.

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! I'm going out to get that today! Wooo! Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I actually mixed mine with cracked pepper and a tablespoon of Hormel real bacon bits--probably a little overboard with the salt, but oh so yummy!!
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Try mixing a dash of Ranch powder to it- or seasonings, like Mrs. Dash, onion powder, etc. Various ones gives CC a nice flavor.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese but this thread has me craving it!!

WTH craves cottage cheese! lol

Thanks for the suggestions!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • carlisled
    Options
    Most of the replies sugguset something sweet. Try it with diced tomatoes, Frank's Red Hot sauce, or Mrs. Dash for a savory twist.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mine with fruit. any kind , berries work well and a dash of cinammon. I also eat, ...now please don't get grossed out , i...n my oatmeal. I cook the oatmeal, add about 1/4 cup cottage cheese and some cinammon. It makes the cereal creamy, and you don't have to add milk!!
  • dawn316
    dawn316 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love to put it on top of my baked potatoes. When my dad had heart problems that is what they told him to do it so we started eating it that way and now my kids and my husband love it that way too. Very good!!!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I actually mixed mine with cracked pepper and a tablespoon of Hormel real bacon bits--probably a little overboard with the salt, but oh so yummy!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon
  • jdickerson14
    Options
    Everyday for a snack at work I have a fresh sliced peach with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and mix in one packet of splenda. I look forward to it everyday. :smile:
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat this twice per day:

1-cup of cottage cheese
    2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
    60g of fresh blueberries
    40g of fresh raspberries
    1/4 cup (or so) of Sugar-free maple syrup.

Sometimes I add 1/2-cup of old fashioned oats.

This is a GREAT snack and an awesome pre-bed meal. So tasty!!:love: