Rest vs. Push

Options
Later today i'm going to a water aerobics class...the MFP activity books say the calories burned for water aerobics (1 hour) is pretty high, but i'm doubtful of it. Today is TECHNICALLY a rest day from my C25k training, but do you think it's okay to push it and do an extra day? Yesterday was kind of an epic fail for me run wise, so i feel like i need it, mentally, but not sure if my body needs it physically...any ideas?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If your body isn't sore and tired then go for it, just keep it light today so you won't overdue it for tomorrow.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am one to say go for it but today is my first rest day in oh at least a month LOL I don't stop myself
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm doing the 30 DS and I haven't quit. I'm trying really hard to do the 30 days consecutively without stopping for any rest days. Although If I feel like I'm doing myself harm, I WILL take a rest day. Listen to your body... if you feel like it can handle it, I say go for it! :)
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I never have a 'rest day'. I will, however, take a 'cardio' day off and do a Jillian workout only and on Mondays I have a "Say No to Jillian Day' and only do an hour of cardio. If I get sore, I take it easy but never stop. It's worked great for me so far!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! you can rest on your next "rest day". :o)
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    I say keep pushing....not just for your physical fitness, but your mental fitness as well. You'll feel great after you accomplish the water aerobics workout and be ready to face tomorrow as you work towards your C25K goals......YOU CAN DO IT!!!!