upper arm flab....

Options
anyone have any advice on what to do to get rid of that upper arm flab? any help would be great! Thanks :)

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Cardio/Strength training. Working your biceps and triceps. Youtube have tutorial videos of weight training thats focus on these two muscle groups. You are able to watch and learn the correct form.
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    tricep exercises and bicep exercises...there are tons! you can look them up online..the tricep ones will really work the underarm part (like when you hold your arms out straight--the part that hangs down, i call them my bat wings LOL) and the bicep exercises will really work the top part :) good luck!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i was told to take a weight and hold it with both hands behind your head and do presses and that should target that flab under the arm :smile:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    OMG...I have the same issue! I had a baby 4 months ago and got stretch marks there! Who gains weight in thier arms with pregnancy? Any tips would be awesome to tone these batwings!!:bigsmile:
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well first off, you would have to lose fat, as there is no exercise that is just going to tone up that one part of your body ( unfortunately- wouldnt that be nice haha!) But after you get the fat off, you can do bicep, shoulder, and tricep workouts. My favorite for my triceps are dips and overhead tricep extension. Favorite for biceps are EZ bar curls and cable rope curls, and shoulders are my absolute favorite to train, I like lateral raises and arnold dumbbell presses. Good luck!
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm

I googled tricep exercises and this was the first link. it shows what exercises to do and how to do them...if you scroll down to about the middle of the page, you'll see a handful of links, one of which is "bicep exercises"

Just fyi :)
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm

I googled tricep exercises and this was the first link. it shows what exercises to do and how to do them...if you scroll down to about the middle of the page, you'll see a handful of links, one of which is "bicep exercises"

Just fyi :)
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am working no the same thing. I think that the key must just be to work on your triceps everyday
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am working no the same thing. I think that the key must just be to work on your triceps everyday

I really wouldn't recommend that. When you are working out your muscles, you are actually breaking them down, thus they need time to build themselves back up. If you are giving them an intense workout, you aren't going to make much progress with them.
  • kimmy725
    kimmy725 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I will definately try them and keep you updated.
    Kim