Hi Everyone!

stefanienoel
stefanienoel Posts: 17 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Ok, so I'm trying this again. A few months ago my work decided to do a biggest loser challenge. Being that I had already been instructed by my doctor that I needed to lose 35 lbs for health reasons, I decided to join in on the "fun". I lost about 10 lbs overall, but we took a 2 week break before our round 2 starts on August 13th, and between being burned out on diet food, and vacation with eating out every night, I blew it. :cry:

Needless to say, Round 2 of our biggest loser challenge is about to begin, and I've been named team captain this time around. I guess that's plenty of incentive to get off my butt and do something, because the last thing I need to do is let my team down. I need all the help I can get, so if anyone has any advice for me (or pep talks for my team), I'd really appreciate it!

Stefanie

Replies

• stefanienoel
    Ok, so I'm trying this again. A few months ago my work decided to do a biggest loser challenge. Being that I had already been instructed by my doctor that I needed to lose 35 lbs for health reasons, I decided to join in on the "fun". I lost about 10 lbs overall, but we took a 2 week break before our round 2 starts on August 13th, and between being burned out on diet food, and vacation with eating out every night, I blew it. :cry:

Needless to say, Round 2 of our biggest loser challenge is about to begin, and I've been named team captain this time around. I guess that's plenty of incentive to get off my butt and do something, because the last thing I need to do is let my team down. I need all the help I can get, so if anyone has any advice for me (or pep talks for my team), I'd really appreciate it!

Stefanie
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Good luck with round 2. Also try not to think of healthy eating "diet food" It's a lifestyle change that you will want to keep up after the challange is over. I mean you can still have your cake and eat it too, but only in moderation:wink:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • stefanienoel
    I've definitely thought of that. I don't want to do anything drastic because I have the mindset that I'm making healthier choices and not doing anything that I wouldn't be able to stick to after the challenge is over (ex. light or fat free mayo instead of regular mayo, light bread instead of regular bread, etc.) I know that I'll fall off the wagon every once in a while but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I keep telling myself "Just for today, I'll..." (just for today, I won't drink soda, or I'll walk on the treadmill for 1 hour, or I won't snack between meals, and so on). :smile:
This discussion has been closed.