SAHM 4/11 - 4/17

Options
124»

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Stacey ~ So sorry about throwing away your purse :( So sad to lose things that can't be replaced. Great work on the jogging intervals!!

Nicole ~ Yeah on the weight loss!!! I'm also a HP fan! I read the books when they first came out and have enjoyed the movies too :)

Shoppie ~ I leave tomorrow!! I'm so excited :) I'm stopping for the night half way between my house and there's (8.5 hours of driving each side, not including stops). Thanks for the well wishes, I am feeling better today! How was the Asian pork? Sounds yummy!

Rainbow ~ Love the shoes!! And congrats on the loss!! You are AMAZING!!! 169lbs?! Fabulous!

I'm down 1lb this morning, and I'm recording it! I've been down .5 since Wednesday, and when I went down another .5 this morning, I thought I'd take it :) Now the trick will be keeping it off for the next 3 weeks!! Wish me luck! I probably won't check in again until Wednesday...which means I'm going to lose my awesome log in days...oh well.. LOL
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    just have to say I have measured and bagged a variety of food and snacks, and labeled the calorie count on everything! When I log tomorrow from my phone, it will be quick add calories, but it's going to be one of the healthiest road trips EVER! Cantaloupe, low fat popcorn, oatmeal cereal, bananas, oranges, carrots, sandwiches. Hopefully all of this stuff will help me stay away from fast food and the chip aisle at the gas station!!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Is there room for one more? I am a 36 year old SAHM to 6, one of which is Special Needs (Autism, Epilepsy, Severe Asthma) We are a military family, and the hubs will be starting a new job, that will keep him away during the week, and he will be home on weekends. Hopefully this will be his last duty station before Retirement.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    just have to say I have measured and bagged a variety of food and snacks, and labeled the calorie count on everything! When I log tomorrow from my phone, it will be quick add calories, but it's going to be one of the healthiest road trips EVER! Cantaloupe, low fat popcorn, oatmeal cereal, bananas, oranges, carrots, sandwiches. Hopefully all of this stuff will help me stay away from fast food and the chip aisle at the gas station!!
    Sounds awesome! Thought not nearly as fun, lol. You're a stronger woman than I am! Enjoy :)
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Stacey--so sorry to hear about your purse getting thrown out! that is such a pain to have to replace everything. it really sounds like you guys are settling into the new house nicely though! good for you!!

Katie--great job on the pre-packing for your trip! i wish i was that organized! i think you are setting a great example to your children by doing it too :)

We've had a good weekend so far...pre-planned meals so I am able to stay on track pretty well.
    We bought and assembled a swingset for little man this weekend, so we have been spending tons of time outside enjoying the weather. Now, if only the pollen would go away and we would be all set!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Debbie. SAHM to my beautiful son who just turned 6.
    I've lost 74 lb and have a ways to go. I just posted my before picture and a current one. (not sure how to crop them into 1 pic)
    I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If Kat is off, who is going to start the new thread?? (panic! :laugh: )

Kat - 8.5 hours driving either side *faint* I'd be able to get to Scotland in that amount of time! When we go on holiday to France it won't take us much more than that and it includes half an hour on the Eurotunnel train! Good reminder how small England is! I'm so impressed at all the bagged and calorie-tagged food. I sympathise on the log-in days, I know I'm a bit miffed as I lost my 35 cos of my strop, and you had got much higher than that! Mine will go to zero yet again at the end of May when we go on hols but hey ho. Well done on getting that pound off too! :drinker:

Welcome Mabear and debbie - cracking weight loss so far debbie! And mabear I am in absolute awe of anyone who can cope with more than 4 kids, I can just about get my head round 4 (I have 3) but any more than that makes me feel stressed just t think about! How old are they?

KC - hooray for the swingset! We have also been enjoying the fine weather today, and I have clocked up a fair bit of extra exercise - an hour walking with bubba in a sling, and then another hour mowing the garden/ sweeping the grass. I rewarded myself with a crunchie :happy: And yes the Asian braised pork was goooooood :bigsmile:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If Kat is off, who is going to start the new thread?? (panic! :laugh: )

Kat - 8.5 hours driving either side *faint* I'd be able to get to Scotland in that amount of time! When we go on holiday to France it won't take us much more than that and it includes half an hour on the Eurotunnel train! Good reminder how small England is! I'm so impressed at all the bagged and calorie-tagged food. I sympathise on the log-in days, I know I'm a bit miffed as I lost my 35 cos of my strop, and you had got much higher than that! Mine will go to zero yet again at the end of May when we go on hols but hey ho. Well done on getting that pound off too! :drinker:

Welcome Mabear and debbie - cracking weight loss so far debbie! And mabear I am in absolute awe of anyone who can cope with more than 4 kids, I can just about get my head round 4 (I have 3) but any more than that makes me feel stressed just t think about! How old are they?

KC - hooray for the swingset! We have also been enjoying the fine weather today, and I have clocked up a fair bit of extra exercise - an hour walking with bubba in a sling, and then another hour mowing the garden/ sweeping the grass. I rewarded myself with a crunchie :happy: And yes the Asian braised pork was goooooood :bigsmile:

I told Kat I would, so I'll be starting the threads in replace of her til she gets back, no worries :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi girls! have had a very nice sunday. got in a short 41 minute workout, but jogged the first 13min. after that, i was toast. hehe

also went to a new friend's house to swim/hang out for the last 2 hours. LOVE vegas spring weather!

have been busy preparing for passover. honey did the charoses (apples, wine, cinnamon, walnuts, pecans all chopped small) and the hardboiled eggs. i made the chicken soup (matza balls tomorrow) and the brisket. i still need to make the dessert (cake from a box) and a chicken and potatoes and potato kugel (casserole from a box) tomorrow. in laws come tomorrow for dinner, which makes holiday so much more fun. and worth the cooking!

i want to be sure to get in a good workout tomorrow before feasting. i want to enjoy the meal w/o worry. :)

off to go make popcorn and have an apple.

katie, safe trip. and awesome on the packing.
    barb, thanks again

and welcome to the new ladies!!