Crystal Light?

Options
I just read a post about splenda and artifical sweetners. All of the 64 oz or more of water I drink a day is with crystal light. Is this just as bad for me? I hate plain water!

Replies

• bdtaylor2009
    Options
    I hope not because I drink alot of it to.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I drink three 24 ounce bottles with Crystal light in it every day (Only one packet, though, which is aimed at 16 ounces, so it's watered down.)

I was drinking a ton of diet soda before that. I'm losing weight, and when I'm doing things like a long workout I drink plain water but I love my watered down crystal light. Is it the BEST thign you could do? No. But it's better than before when I'd go WEEKS without drinking anything but coffee and soda.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Try the new Mio!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Ditto about the new MIO. Love it!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    I drink a lot of Crystal Light, also! Just got the Mio drink mix - tastes great & easy to mix with water. Anything's better than drinking beer, coffee & diet coke!:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light gives me headaches, but I do like plain water.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of Crystal Light, also! Just got the Mio drink mix - tastes great & easy to mix with water. Anything's better than drinking beer, coffee & diet coke!:bigsmile: :drinker:

Amen to that! I drink a lot of Crystal Light and hot tea with Splenda, I count all that towards my water intake. And if judging by the number of times use the bathroom in a day, I would say my body counts it as water too!
  • MostlySunny
    Options
    With so many mixed reviews out there, I have decided to just drink water with lemons, limes, cucumbers, etc. Or iced tea. It all tastes good, is refreshing, and I have yet to hear anyone dispute the healthiness of them.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I don't usually use crystal light because the aspartame will give me a heachache but I do use the nestea iced tea singles with sucralose. It is 5 calories per single and it is how I get all my water.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    There are 2 versions of Crystal L ite....

regular Crystal lite has artificial sweetener ( Aspartame)

Crystal Lite Fitness aka Crystal Lite Pure Fitness has Stevia....
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    There are 2 versions of Crystal L ite....

regular Crystal lite has artificial sweetener ( Aspartame)

Crystal Lite Fitness aka Crystal Lite Pure Fitness has Stevia....

I'll have to check that one out. Thanks!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    As someone stated earlier the Pure Fitness has Stevia sweetener. I'm drinking it right now!