Been using the site for nearly a month, but first time posti

pbrown_404
pbrown_404 Posts: 7
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I have a long way to go to reach my goal weight, but I feel great right now. I've lost about 27 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks. I really like this website, and the app on my phone makes it really easy to make good choices and still keep up with food and excercise while away from the computer. I'm 31 and married, have 2 kids, work a desk job, and at 333 lbs right now, my goal is to get to 200, but first to get under 300 which I haven't been in a long time. Would love to hear from others with similar goals, backgrounds, or really anyone for tips and support. Keep up the good work everyone!

Paul B.
South Georgia, USA

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. You will great here!!
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Congrats ! I am a college student who gained a little too much after high school. I tried P90X for a month and a half and while it is an amazing program just not for me,but my boyfriend LOVES it ! Right now I am on week 6 of TurboFire and I am in love. I started doing TurboJam and counting my calories and got good results but didn't stick with it. Now through TurboFire and MyFitnessPal I am seeing the results I've always wanted !

Together we can do this ! MyFitnessPal is a great tool and you sound like you are dedicated and ready for a change ! Way to go !
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Great job so far Paul...Keep it up!!! I lost 22 lbs in 3 weeks using this program...I love it and feel great...I'm 33 with 3 kids and went from 192 to 170 (right where I should be). Now I'm actually trying to put on muscle instead of the fat....

If there's any advice I can give you, it's to not get discouraged if you see your weight level out or increase on certain weeks. That's when you need to be mentally strong and tell yourself that everything will be fine...keep plugging away at your diet and your body will gradually begin losing the weight again....
  • Thanks everyone, its awesome how supportive and encouraging everyone on here is.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Good job! Keep it up! I've been on here since January 3rd and have had great results. If you keep with it long enough it becomes second nature to log your food. That's been the biggest help for me. In the months I've been here, I've managed to lose about 26lbs and I started running. I'm doing my first 5k in May! You can do it!

Oh and look around the board for challenges. People post them all the time. It's a great way to add some fun and competition to your weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.