HCG real opinion's please

Options
was looking into HCG drops and i wanted some real opinions about them...like do they work ??? who has been on them but no longer is ....does the weight stay off once you have come off the drops ??? i want as many opinions as i can get before i look into this anymore

Replies

• kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That diet is drops along with a 500 calorie diet.

If you go back to your old eating habits after then you will put the weight back on for sure.

Best bet is to learn how to eat a proper diet.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My friend is doing that and she works out 6 days a week, eats only 500 calories per day and is hoping to lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm thinking...hello! Eating only 500 cals and working out like that is going to make you lose that weight as well.

Other than that...I don't know. They don't seem safe.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you can do a diet that low chances are you could workout a lil in addition to the diet and lose weight....
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    HCG drops are expensive, and sometimes obtained using unethical means. And like what was said earlier, if you're eating 500 calories a day, you're going to lose weight because you're starving yourself...but you'll more than likely gain it all back once you go off of your crash diet.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, any drops, pills, creams, granules, shakes, whatever....are no replacement for good, healthy living. I've had my share of fads and I'm no better off than I was before...the quick fix isn't going to be for real.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have no personal experiance with them, but I have known a few people that have.The ones that stuck to eating healthy have kept the weight off.The ones that went back to eating the way they were before gained it back.Thats all I can really say about it since i am unwilling to spend the money on it.
    Heres a thread that the people on here that use it started.They would probobly be able to answer more questions since they are actually on it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/209491-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a
  • tessalder
    tessalder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The whole diet is unrealistic. I have a friend that did that and she loved her body while she was on it but hated it about a month later. She had lost a lot of weight in a little amount of time. When she went off of it, she went right back tot eh same old eating habits and never found any time to workout or walk anymore. She gained and she gained bad. She now is trying a new diet thing. I suggest watching calorie intake and calorie burn is the best program yet.
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    I agree with the others ... I think it is a gimmick ... think we need to look at long term .. if you do not .. you will be up and down like a roller coaster ... and looking for a new fix ... better to find foods you like so you stick with it ... and be healthy for life ... and do something cool with the money you save ... just my 2 cents ... and let me tell ya I have been on that roller coaster and always looking to get off ...
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    This is a really good article about HCG. I read this when I was considering it.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet.htm
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement with the majority of the posters here - I am a huge critic of commercialized weight loss programs - most of them claim to CAUSE the weight loss, whereby in most cases they are just COINCIDENT with someone's mental readiness to lose weight. The whole industry needs to be looked at with a critical eye. 500 calories a day is not healthy, sustainable, or required to lose weight. Steer clear.
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    i agree with them...

it seems to me, like if you go through all that trouble...you're going to gain it back...

just do the healthy way, IMO.
    Work out, and eat healthy.

<3 best of luck!!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The FDA has determined that HCG does not work for weight reduction and I personally am not interested in any drps obtained from the urine of pregnant women
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I actually did the HCG shots. Keeping to the diet was easy because it made you feel full all day I lost 20 lbs in a month, but as soon as I got off the diet I was constantly hungry and it was difficult for me to eat right. I gained back more weight then I had lost. Thus, I will never do them again and am doing better by just cutting calories and lots of exercising.
  • savlyon
    Options
    The FDA has determined that HCG does not work for weight reduction and I personally am not interested in any drps obtained from the urine of pregnant women
    OMG! Is that seriously where they come from?!?!?!?!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    OMG! Is that seriously where they come from?!?!?!?!

HGC is a pregnancy hormone...
  • savlyon
    Options
    I know it is a preg hormone, but I didn't know it came from URINE! ew!
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    I have lost 47 pounds since Thanksgiving - and know many others who have done well on it. I have lost more weight in the last six months than I have over the last 10 years following all the mainstream methods - including following MFP strictly. There are a lot of bogus companies out there selling crap just to make a buck - but if you are really interested, PM me and I can give you some reliable sources.

Yes a portion of the protocol calls for VLCD - very low calorie diet - but that is only part of it - the maintenance phases teaches you what your thresholds are so you can maintain for life.

So, will I gain it all back?? Maybe, if I don't change my eating habits for life - but it's the same with any method, isn't it?
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Drugs like Premarin (estrogen/hormone therapy) is derived from PREgnant MAre's UrINe.
    Pretty gross huh!
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    That diet is drops along with a 500 calorie diet.

If you go back to your old eating habits after then you will put the weight back on for sure.

Best bet is to learn how to eat a proper diet.

NOT TRUE!!!

I've lost and maintained a 50 + lbs weightloss using HCG to get the weight off!!!

Like ANY "diet" if you revert to your ols craptastic way of eating you WILL gain weight back!!!
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Drugs like Premarin (estrogen/hormone therapy) is derived from PREgnant MAre's UrINe.
    Pretty gross huh!

It doesn't..yet another misnomar floating around out there.