hips, thighs and butt

Options
Does anyone have any good tips or exercises for reducing the size of these areas?

Replies

• greeneyedgirl
    Options
    Does anyone have any good tips or exercises for reducing the size of these areas?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats, and lots of others have suggested running. However, you can't necessarily spot reduce, if it's a fat issue, you can tone up though for when the fat does come off.
  • searls717
    Options
    I actually lost a couple of inches on my thighs when I used the Thigh Master.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Pilates!!

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I second the Pilates suggestion - I love it. =)
  • deneuve39
    Options
    This is where I have the hardest time losing weight too. I've seen the quickest results through running and inclined walking (seems to work a lot better than just the elliptical for me) as well as the stairmaster.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    pilates is the best for me and those areas...

BUT i have to second the whole Spot Fat reduction issue. Unfortunately you can't choose where your fat comes off...SO that just means do plenty of cardio AND strength training, that way, as the fat melts away from the "all over" the muscle tone that was always there will emerge!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    rollerblading
    belly dancing
  • Noland
    Noland Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree...there is no such thing as spot reduction. However... Keep doing a variety of exercises to strengthen the muscles in those areas. Increase your the intensity and duration of your cardio. As your body gets rid of excess fat you will be left with a desirable look. Ditto on the pilates!