Tips on starting a veggie garden

Options
13»

Replies

• DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Thank you for sharing all of your great tips and advice. My husband built the container garden yesterday and the soil is ready. It's pouring cats and dogs in Maryland today so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to go to the local Wavery Farm to pick out our starter plants. I hear it's easier to start with these plants versus from seeds --- we shall see!

I am in Maryland too... and thought today Id get to direct seed outdoors but its too cold & rainy... Ive sowed about 130 plants indoors in a mini-greenhouse.... the last frost is yet 2 weeks away so though Im late with some of these, I think I will be OK... I cant wait til 1st of June to plant my corn & melons ( directly outdoors)

Did you mean the farmer's Market @ Waverly?? I have never been there but it has a good rep....
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd share a picture of a zucchini that I picked from my veggie garden this morning. I've never seen one this big before, hopefully it still tastes good.

Took the picture with the dog for size reference. :smile:
    The thing measures 13"L and 8" around, weighing in at 1lb 6oz

251095_10150191506540178_631335177_7354977_7068915_n.jpg

I plan on picking the other zucchini well before they get this large. This one was a bit of a freak it would seem.