HCG drops thoughts and opinions??

Options
So my friends works at a weight loss clinic and gave me these HCG drops to try, I have lost 40 lbs already and about 30 more or so to go.

has anyone taken this? did it help? or didnt it?

would love to hear thank you =) ive been taking them for a day already

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I hear it helps boost natural testosterone output after a clen/deca/test cycle.
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    The drops have no actual HCG in them, only the injections. I did 3 rounds of the injections about a year ago. I lost about 20 pounds in a month, but put it all back on. It caused me to have ovarian cysts and I think the diet you are supposed to be on (500 calories per day) is too limiting and restrictive to teach a person how to make the right food choices for the rest of thier life so they can take and keep the weight off in a healthy manner.
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    are you taking them and adhering to the HCG diet as well? The problem with the diet itself is that its really low in calorie.. and not exactly healthy for you. It also puts you at greater risk to gain the weight back once you go into maintenence mode... HOWEVER.. i have a very good friend who has dropped 30lbs with HCG over the past 2 months and is doing extremely well. I think the long term will be good for her. As long as you plan to stick to a real and true maintenance diet and are okay with gaining a couple lbs back in the process, you'll set yourself up for success. the HCG drops are really supposed to help supress hunger.

i've considered trying them for awhile now and I dont have the gall to do it.
  • amsands
    amsands Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you doing the 500 calorie a day diet with them as well. I tried this and lasted about a week. What are you doing?
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    They are really good at making sure you lose fat and not muscle when I was on them I lost 20 lbs in a month, but I also gained a lot of muscle and my BMI went down. the only problem was I didn't do well when I got off them HCG makes you feel like your full and when I got off the hcg diet I was hungry all the time. Thus, I gained all my weight back plus some so when you get off the diet make sure you watch what your eating and don't give in.
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sign me up! Where can I get them!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My bff just spent 100.00 for the drops and did not lose one pound. However, my other bff has a trainer and he gave her a 5 day eating plan that drops body fat and I tried it and lost 3.5 pounds in the first week and my bff who weighs 30 pounds less that I do, well she lost 5.0. So if you are asking me if i think that it works. I would say that you may lose weight, you may lose alot of weight....but it will come back if you do not change your eating habits. And the diet that comes with the HCG is NOT healthy. No one should have to survive on 500 calories a day! POW's use to get rice and they got more than 500 calories a day! so if you are thinking about it, please do your research and always talk to your doctor about it! Best of wishes to you....
    ps...you look fantastic!!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    They are really good at making sure you lose fat and not muscle when I was on them I lost 20 lbs in a month, but I also gained a lot of muscle and my BMI went down. the only problem was I didn't do well when I got off them HCG makes you feel like your full and when I got off the hcg diet I was hungry all the time. Thus, I gained all my weight back plus some so when you get off the diet make sure you watch what your eating and don't give in.

This is the biggest drawback to the homeopathic drops. You learn to eat very little and then when you aren't taking them you are naturally more hungry and haven't learned portion or calorie control that is going to get you there long term. So definitely need to research what to eat/not eat once you get to maintenance.

There are minute amounts of actual hCG in homeopathic form. However, they work by the hCG pulling stored fat into the bloodstream to use as "fuel". Therefore you don't feel as hungry when you take them so you can get by on the VLCD. However, exercise while taking them is not recommended so for those that like to work out it's hard to not do so. Also, as with anything else, everyone is different and really should consult their physician for his/her recommendations, support, etc.
  • fattybumchum22
    fattybumchum22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE SECOND POST IVE READ THIS EVENING ABOUT USING "PILLS" TO USE WEIGHT.... STOP RELYING ON TABLETS AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY BY EATING HEALTHY AND EXERCISING!!!!! ITS NOT EASY BUT U KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF AND GET HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANT OVER!
  • DawnyMo
    DawnyMo Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on them right now, and they do work. The diet is rather restrictive, however if your still active and eat in moderation once you reach your goal....you should be fine.
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    THIS IS THE SECOND POST IVE READ THIS EVENING ABOUT USING "PILLS" TO USE WEIGHT.... STOP RELYING ON TABLETS AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY BY EATING HEALTHY AND EXERCISING!!!!! ITS NOT EASY BUT U KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF AND GET HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANT OVER!

Boy, judgemental much?
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    All HCG is not created equal, pretty much. There are a lot of disreputable companies out there trying to make a buck.

There are ones that work - I've lost 47 pounds since Thanksgiving. That's more weight in 6 months than I've lost in the previous 10 years following all the other mainstream methods. Will I keep it off? Sure, if I change my eating habits for life - the change in your mindset happens in the later phases of the protocol - where you learn to maintain your weight.

The HCG diet is not a quick fix nor easy - what worth doing ever is? but it does work....
  • samanthalynne21
    samanthalynne21 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hey you know I have done it all the right way but have been stuck @ 210 so i wanted a boost . Ive lost over 40 lbs so i think im doing just fine thanks
  • blackchick85
    Options
    I'm on them right now, and they do work. The diet is rather restrictive, however if your still active and eat in moderation once you reach your goal....you should be fine.

i am on them also...... but i was eating healthy and exercising before so doing it afterwards shouldnt be a problem..... and i have def picked up better eating habits
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    The only HCG diet that works are the injections you get from an MD. There is no over the counter HCG product that can manipulate HCG or actually has HCG in it.

If you are spending money on this stuff, you are tossing money down the toilet.

Even if you are getting injections, it's not wise to play with hormone levels.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    From what I've read the HCG injections really do work, but if you don't adhere to a healthy eating plan and exercise regime when you've lost the weight it will come back very quickly. I have been tempted to try a weight loss drug that was developed by a doctor and a nutritionist at the University where I work. But, I know that for me personally I would just gain all of the weight back that I lost as soon as I stopped taking the expensive pills.

I don't know how much research has been done on the effects of taking HCG long-term, and I am always cautious about diet drugs when I've seen so many get recalled because they were deemed unsafe. It's better for me (as a personal decision) to lose the weight slowly by changing the way I live and my emotional relationship to food. It takes longer, but for me, it's the way to go.
  • acrumby25
    acrumby25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

On Average how much do the pills cost?
  • acrumby25
    acrumby25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

On Average how much do the pills cost?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    .....no.....just no.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

RANT OVER!

^ this