What's the better of the evils?

Options
So training is getting better and feeling good too but on the weekends we socialize. I eat very well all week and on the weekends the same. I have the "right foods" down packed to an art now..lol...
My main advantage in all of this is that I dont like anything sweet whatsoever so no cake, cookies and all the sugar. My only "vice" is that I do enjoy a glass of rose wine. Not the sweet kind like blush etc..but all wine has sugar... Though it is added to my calorie count I realize it is empty calories but I still want to count them in.
My question to you guys is this...which is the better of the evils if you are going to have....white, red or rose? I know some may say none but let's be realistic..haha...my gut tells me red but???? or is there anything completely different. I was told "clear" is always better :noway:

Replies

• SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you are going to drink (and honestly most people aren't willing to sacrifice it forever) - red wine is the way to go. Not a lot! But a glass here and there has been shown to have heart benefits.
  • purplehaze12
    Options
    Are you only having a glass? If that's the case, I'd just say whatever you enjoy most. As for if you put back a half bottle or more (which I have been known to do) then I am also curious about the answer to this...I prefer blush myself.
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Red wine - it has antioxidants called polyphenols may help protect the lining of blood vessels in your heart. One of the polyphenols is called Resveratrol which helps prevent damage to blood vessels, reduces "bad" cholesterol and prevents blood clots.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Here you go! Whites are slightly less, but not by much.

http://www.annecollins.com/calories/calories-wine.htm