Salad Dressing recomendations???

Options
13»

Replies

• chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    reduced balsamic vinegar is sooo yum. you can use it as a base and doctor it with fruit!!! here is a recipe online http://www.ehow.com/how_4894497_make-reduced-balsamic-vinegar.html
    I googled it and it says 2calories per tablespoon. surprise to me cuz is real sweet

my balsamic states 10 cal per Tb without being reduced.
  • tammyj1973
    tammyj1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try using your favorite salad dressing, pur some in a small cup, drip your fork in it, then poke your salad and enjoy. You will use a lot less dressing and still enjoy the flavor.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had people over last weekend and everyone kept asking me what the 'great sauce" was for the veggies. It's what I use these days as "salad dressing". It's just fat free sour cream with a few TBSP of salsa mixed in (and a little water to thin it out). Talk about yummy, easy, inexpensive and low calorie :)
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Sesame Ginger. Its awesome!!!
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    I have never found a low-fat or low-calorie dressing I like. So, I use Kraft Ranch, but I only use about 1.5 tablespoons of it and I factor the calories in for the day.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like Paul Newman's Light Balsalmic Vinegarette. The Light Raspberry
    vinegarette is pretty good on spinich, too. So far, I've like most of his Light Salad dressings. I have also used olive oil, lemon, and Lawry's seasoning salt. If it's too oily, then back off the oil ratio.

Agree. Newman's Own Light Balsamic...2 tbsp is only 45 calories...4 g fat.. 2 g carbs...2 g sugar. Just found it about a month ago..and it's fantastic!
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I water down 2 tbsp of hummus and use it as a dressing. Yum!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    trader Joe's champagne pear vinaigrette with gorgonzola. So yummy!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I like plain old olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Be careful about fat free dressing, they are typically FULL of sodium (like 700-900 mg/serving). A little fat helps you absorb all of the vitamins and minerals from the veggies....just my 2 cents :)
  • beffy191
    beffy191 Posts: 71
    Options
    I usually have light Italian or light raspberry vinaigrette dressings, and I also do what other people have mentioned... I have them on the side and dip my fork into them, as it is surprising to see how much less you consume.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Maries yogurt dressings, they have all flavors including ranch and bleu cheese, and I do the dip the fork in method, I can usually get away with about 1 tablespoon (40 cals) for a good sized salad.

Are these the ones in the refridgerated section??? In a jar instead of a bottle?

Yes, I have also seen and used the wegman's brand in these. They are found in the produce section. Until now I have yet to find a light version of the creamy dressings that I like, these I love!