3 O'Clock wall...

Options
Does anyone else have the issue of hitting the wall in the afternoon? Mine is repeatedly about 3 o'clock-ish....what do you do?
I've tried drinking water, getting up and away from my desk, walked around for 15 min and when I come back I can still feel my head hitting my desk!

Suggestions???

Replies

• ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I often feel the SAME way!! For me, I feel like after I eat my lunch, I am good for a few hours, and then all of a sudden my energy is GONE...

Getting up and walking around seems to help me...also, I have a window next to my desk that I open for some FRESH air....and make sure you have a good radio station playing..sometimes good music is enough to pick up my energy. :)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Getting up and walking around seems to help me...also, I have a window next to my desk that I open for some FRESH air....and make sure you have a good radio station playing..sometimes good music is enough to pick up my energy. :)
    [/quote]

Music! Hadn't thought about that one...I'll try that tomorrow! Thanks!
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    I'm trying instant hot coco, Nestle Dark chocolate flavor... 100 cals. and, possible 100 cal. bag of popcorn. Maybe a snack would help for you too. I'm going to try music too. Hope it gets better!
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I too have this problem around 4pm in my day and I have found that eating an apple really helps me. I don't know the exact reason but it seems to give me a good energy boost that lasts rather than a cup of coffee or something else with caffeine. I always hated eating apples until I started getting different organic ones that are so good. I cut them up because it is also easier to eat than chomping into a big apple.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    try adding a snack of about 150 calories at about 2:00 to 2:30 of good, complex carbs.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've found that water starts tasting so useless after a while and feels like it's going right through me instead of working with me.

I started to put Crystal Light (5cal) in my drinks, and it helps a TON right now I'm drinking Wild Strawberry - Energy to spice things up a bit since I had boot camp this morning, it helps more than I can say.

It says put it in a 8oz cup, but unless you like SUPER SWEET things, I'd recommend more like a 18-24oz cup, perfect for my workout water bottle.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Walking around then hot black tea...my substitute for afternoon coffee. I use a little Stevia so it's sweet and I feel like I'm getting a little treat.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I often feel the SAME way!! For me, I feel like after I eat my lunch, I am good for a few hours, and then all of a sudden my energy is GONE...

Most likely, because it may be caused by lunch.

I know for me, carb heavy lunches put me right out by mid afternoon. May just be what you're eating that could cause it.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you eat lunch around noon then I would expect you to hit a wall around then. You should be eating a snack about then to keep you going till your next meal.
    Look at what you eat for Lunch and make sure you don't have too many simple carbs that will spike your blood sugar and cause you to feel that run down drop. Since cleaning up what I eat I rarely feel tired in mid afternoon.

Good Luck
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I eat a small snack, like a string cheese and a cup of low sodium v8, and I get up and move around. If that doesn't help, then I usually cave and have some coffee.

eta: Oh, and I usually have 2 p.m. snacks b/c I don't eat dinner until 7:30 or 8 most nights. So I'll have a 3 p.m. snack and then another around 5.