WOMEN - How do you get through your PMS cravings??

Options
2»

Replies

• Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'll cave. But in moderation. If I want chocolate, I have a bag of Dove in my fridge and I'll eat a piece or two.

God bless your heart! I wish I could stop at a piece or two! I had to give up the whipped cream with my strawberries because somehow the whole can was gone in two days! LOL--At that time of the month, my fiance has to hide the peanut butter too or in a weak moment I'll go after the jar with a spoon.

To the original poster: Honestly, I can burn the calories in a single serving bag of M&M's with just a long walk (and the long walk helps my cramps) so I just head down to the 7-Eleven, buy one bag, take them home, and eat them very slowly, one at a time :)
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I go for sugar-free fudgesicles, or jello pudding... both very low in calories! Or sometimes a little bit of dark chocolate.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im due any day and ive gone over the last 2 days. WAY over yesterday, so im not sure. Im going to do my best today.
    I guess its just down to willpower and maybe upping the exercise on those days?
  • jaykaydee
    jaykaydee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I can find the self-control to put away the nutella my favourite thing to eat during PMS cravings are Rainbow Sherbert and chocolate rice cakes with fruit preserves on them.

....Nutella is better though :(
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I drink a tall glass of water. If I still crave something and it won't be satisfied by a tangerine or another sweet fruit, then I'll eat it slowly (and then exercise it off).
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    Also, the sugar free jello pudding cups (chocolate) are only 60 calories. I put the cup in a bowl and add fresh strawberries and it almost feels like I'm eating a tray of those Godiva chocolate-covered strawberries.

ohhhh.... I might try that.... :tongue:
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I give in. I've always given in....after all, what's the point in depriving yourself? ;)
    Yesterday I had two fun size snicker bars. Delicious. I wanted the chocolate and they were there. I worked them into my calories and worked out last night. I feel absolutely no guilt....and may have another today lol. We'll see :happy:
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Usually a brownie and a bag of chips will do the trick.

Oh, you wanted to know how I resist the cravings. :) I just accept that for 2 days a month, I will want to eat eat eat. I try to exercise more, eat healthy meals, and take my vitamins those days, but I also give myself a break and if I go over calories, so be it.
    same here :bigsmile:
  • lnelson88
    Options
    Yeah, some great suggestions but I have a REALLY hard time even going for a walk or something at that time of the month! I am L-A-Z-Y... Someone literally needs to peel my butt off the couch and the candy out of my hands...
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I usually just have a little chocolate when I want it. If I'm craving something salty, I try to stick with popcorn because it's not as bad for you as chips. I also have an instant coffee drink, a flavored yogurt, or a hot chocolate if I'm craving sweet.
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I gave up all sweets, fried foods and soda for lent so PMS time is particularly challenging. I satisfy that craving with a salad with tons of spinach, avocado and craisins or I will make a green tea smoothie. When I gave in to my cravings I went overboard and gained more than just water weight and I don't want to keep repeating that cycle. A glass of iced green tea with ginger and lemon helped too.
  • Ashley06118
    Options
    I try to indulge reasonably. If I know I'm going to NEED choclate or I'll die I'll work it into my calories. I try to work out a little more during my period because it helps with cramps and I fell better about giving in to my cravings. If it's one of those days when working out is completely out of the question (overly lazy) I try not to worry about it too much as its only a couple days a month anyway.
  • lnelson88
    Options
    I gotta tell ya, I screwed up ROYALLY this month... I have ZERO willpower during this time and I feel horribly guilty. AND it's now the weekend! It's downhill from here..... :frown:
  • nkenga
    nkenga Posts: 46
    Options
    Well, yesterday was my first day with that issue while on MFP, so I completely caved! Ate 3,000 calories in one day (most of it after 3pm)! However, I refuse to beat myself up about it - I'm counting it as my cheat meal of the week!

I will keep my calories low today (luckily I only have those crazy intense cravings for one day), and I will exercise today and tomorrow to make up for some of the calories I ate. Beyond that, I'm not going to concern myself!
  • Burbritt
    Burbritt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After lunch today I was craving chocolate so bad that I spent 15 minutes checking the calories in every single candy bar on the convenience store shelves -- at one point the cashier actually started checking labels with me!

After calculating the exercise needed to burn off the average candy bar and fearing that I would wreak havoc on an innocent colleague if I left empty handed I opted for the Snickers Mini and was able to avoid total diet sabotage.

Today was a good day, but we'll see if the pint of Ben & Jerrys my friend left in my freezer makes it through the weekend.

Happy Friday :)