gut/abs question

bobert
bobert Posts: 3 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
A little background… I lost 30lbs over the last couple of years. I watch my diet pretty closely, and I exercise at least 3 -5x per week. I feel like I’ve pretty much lost all of the excess fat off my body, everywhere but my gut. I still have some flab around my midsection. I feel like if I try to lose any more weight I’ll be a skeleton, but still the fat around the belly and sides remains. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Unfortunately you can't spot train, but if that's the only place left to lose fat from, that's where it'll come off! Keep up the exercise and set a .5 pound loss, and hopefully you see results in that area.
  • I have the same problem! What I've heard from a friend who is becoming a personal trainer is that, as the person above me said, you can't spot train per se, but what you can do is make sure that you are mixing strength training in with cardio. The strength training helps you tone up.

Try doing things like crunches, leg lifts (lying down), scissors, etc...(more ab specific strength exercises can by found searching online)

Good luck!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    You can eat at maintenance and work on converting fat to muscle w/out losing weigh, per se. Programs like P90X have people totally tone up and lose body fat, but they require no deficit eating. You might need to really watch your micronutrients though to do so.
This discussion has been closed.