Stuck on an Island

Options
I will literally be stuck on an island Thurs-Sun. I am taking a Coastal Field Studies course and we go out to Santa Cruz Island (Channel Islands), camp, and explore the island and surrounding coastal areas. We have to pack in all the food we want to eat on the trip. Its a total of 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 3 dinners. So far I have packed makings for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, string cheese, trail mix, 4 Luna Bars, 3 apples, rice cracker snacks, almonds, pistachios, and a bar of dark chocolate. We will be on a tight schedule and I am trying to avoid bringing a huge ice chest. Any ideas for some quick and healthy snacks or meals?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    something that purifies your water?
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    any of the 100 calorie snacks...these would be good because they're already prepackaged :)
  • cbrunt
    cbrunt Posts: 2
    Options
    How about Starkist Tuna Salad (100 cal. per pkg)? They are really good if you like tuna!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I absolutelly love the spicey thai chili tuna packet (Walmart)...comes the the crackers and tuna (not mied with mayo either)....250 calories....easy, portable and full o flavor! Otherwise I would suggest tuna packets, nuts, fruits.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    baby carrots
    sugar snap peas
    oranges
    tuna
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Will you have access to hot water? You could pack oatmeal. Beef jerky for some protein?
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    we have a little camping stove and clean water.