looking for ideas to celebrate the 50lbs mark...

Options
i am just 6lbs away from a nice milestone, I tend to get stuck just shy of 50lbs and want to come up with a really nice reward as motivation.

i still have a lot to loose after that, so clothes aren't what I'm looking for yet.... some ideas I'm tossing around are:

horse back riding ( was afraid the horse would bolt if it saw me heading towards it before)
awesome pair of shoes?
really nice bead for my weight loss tracking bracelet?

i'm just not finding the right thing for me right now... haven't come up on that idea that says - YIPEE!!! that's it!! so I'm looking for ideas from others :)

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    How about a weekend/night away with your husband? Go somewhere romantic, just the two of you?
    Kaye
  • Stephanie4Cali
    Stephanie4Cali Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pamper yourself to a message, facial, pedicure, manicure.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Go to a day spa and get a body wrap or treatment. If you can afford it couple that with a massage. I got to do it once, and I felt like a million bucks! Seriously, it's money well spent and your skin will feel amazing!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Could do with a clue price wise......

Manicure/pedicure

Facial and make over

New hair style

A piece of exercise equipment

A spa day for you and a close female friend/relative

Well done on your success so far...hope you reach your 50lbs very soon

I just got to 50lbs and bought myself an elliptical and an abs bench, its the first thing i have bought myself since I started so bought 2 things knowing full well my kids will make use of it too
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    50 lbs., GREAT! Isn't it time for a few new pieces of clothes and/or shoes. Spring is here and Summer around the corner, some great open toe sandals, new walking or workout shoes to "pump it up" this summer...CONGRATS
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Could do with a clue price wise......

Totally agree, how much are you looking to spend? I say book a trip! anywhere from a full fledged vacation to a day trip out of town, or for the weekend etc... nothing is a better motivator for me than looking GREAT for a vacation... or... drive to see a friend or family member you haven't seen in a long time and show them how great you look! Exercise equipment, heart rate monitors, new cook books, new work out dvd's etc are also a great reward... and will help you loose even more so it is the gift that keeps on giving... Congrats on being almost 50 lbs down! that is amazing! good for you!
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    price wise.. ehh under $100.00.. I'll save a more indulgent idea for when I reach my goal... have a couple of trips in mind as well as a shopping trip.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Yeah...I'm going with the day spa/massage thing. Wow...50 lbs. I can only imagine making it to that day. You're awesome!!