Complete Today's Entry

Options
Does anyone have an opinion if that is true as to how much you will lose. I feel like I don't lose as much as it says I will even though I'm doing what I'm suppose to. Does anyone find it accurate or have another opinion?? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• JackandJill
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion if that is true as to how much you will lose. I feel like I don't lose as much as it says I will even though I'm doing what I'm suppose to. Does anyone find it accurate or have another opinion?? Thanks! :smile:
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I never lose as much as it says. I am such a slow loser that it says I will lose about 3 times what I usually do in the 5 week time period. I guess it is just an average of what you should be losing in theory. . . . .:grumble:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    It says "if every day were like today..." and my days are never consistent...so I don't actually know if the estimation of pounds lost is accurate...afterall, who can go all those days eating the exact same thing? I know I can't! Some days I am a little over my calories, other days I am a little under...and I don't know if it looks at calories alone or if it's a more complicated formula...I always click on it though...it's cool to see what they say I will lose!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    This isn't a money back guarantee, ladies-- it's a motivational tool.
  • jroji
    jroji Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh I don't think its just a motivational too, I think it is also practical. It's just that there are factors- like your metabolic rate that it has to guess on. In reality your metabolic rate may be higher or lower than the average. Also, if you don't update your weight often on MFP, (whether your gain or loose) your "complete today's entry" number will be off.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I think it is like a carrot and dangling...or a dangling carrot and horse, or was it a donkey and a cart with a carrot on a fishing pole? Or was it a stick? ANYWAY...

I think it is a lead into your next day to encourage you into a healthy lifestyle change. It works for me, and I don't even own a horse or donkey...or a cart for that matter!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I actually lose MORE. It depends on how accurate you are, too. I know for me it is hard to figure actual calories burned because I don't use a heart rate monitor (because I am frugal - no, cheap - and those are expensive). Also, in some homemade dishes, I try to be accurate, but I miss from time to time.

I find it works best for me to know that yep, I gotta go exercise because I ate a lot and no, I cannot have any chocolate cake because I already ate enough today. It curbs the MINDLESS eating.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What are you guys talking about? I don't see anything like that. Is that in the Tools or something? Where can I find it? Did I just miss it somewhere?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    What are you guys talking about? I don't see anything like that. Is that in the Tools or something? Where can I find it? Did I just miss it somewhere?

It's under "My Home" and you click on the button saying you've completed logging food and exercise for the day. It then calculates what you would weigh in 5 weeks if "every day were like today". (Gosh, I hope not because I was a baaaad girl this evening!)
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It's under "My Home" and you click on the button saying you've completed logging food and exercise for the day. It then calculates what you would weigh in 5 weeks if "every day were like today". (Gosh, I hope not because I was a baaaad girl this evening!)

Awesome! I never even noticed that button there. I like it. :happy: Thanks!
  • JackandJill
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! that's just what I needed to hear!!!!! :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I actually have found it to be accurate for me.... so far (my disclaimer)... for 5 weeks or so.
    But only on days were I eat "normally". Not my super-duper good days, not my cheat days, but just my regular old days where I eat about 100 cals more than my limit :laugh:

Eventually I will plateau and then that stinkin' button will irritate me to death, saying what I should be losing, but until then, I enjoy it.

Like Marla said, it's a motivational tool, not a prediction.